• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surf or go home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      Ok, here's the situation - at a client's on project-based work. Just made a release. Due to move on to the next stage of the project but currently don't have enough information to enable me to start the next stage or even look at defining the work. Products Manager is up to his neck in meetings etc and the Project Lead is on vacation moving house.

So twiddling my thumbs.

Do I:

a) do the full "not a permie, no work I'm going home" thing (but of course no pay)?

or

b) surf and drink tea, billing the client?

What would you do?
      B. but do my surfing on the Microsoft Learning Website - thereby getting paid by the client for training on something that will be no help to them whatsoever

Comment

B. You are a contractor, aren't you?

Comment

Depends on the weather - if it's good, go home and relax.

If not, then surf away.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

b until get bored, then go home... but still charge for the day.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X