• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your office space like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    no just desks in the office..

moved from directly under the AirCon with my back to all others in the open plan office to facing everyone (screen facing away), next to the window overlooking a lake and trees

not that interesting i know but any change is exciting in this armpit of a town
    I thought from the text under your avatar, you were working from home.

armpit of a town = ?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I thought from the text under your avatar, you were working from home.

armpit of a town = ?

Swindon or Reading?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Slough?
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Sorry.

My mistake.

You said "armpit" not "arsehole"...
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            ...except for the wild deadlines, see-sawing cash flows, huge uncertainities, massive workloads, the annoying pedanticalness of clients, the deep isolation, the constant battle against demotivation and w@nking yourself to death...
            It's not worth it!
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

The worst office I worked in was a converted multi-storey car park - in the middle of Birmingham.
              They created a custom-made computer building next door (not for the minions actually programming or anything of course) and they made the mistake of putting the vents for the air conditioning on the side of the building facing the road. This meant that every time a heavy lorry went by the office staff were treated to the delicious aroma of exhaust fumes, .
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Swindon or Reading?
                Reading.. DaveB wins

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                X