• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear now I have to train and nice cheap eastern european how to do my job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sounds like you are well rid since you don't seem to be happy there.

OTOH you should consider your level of professionalism, show how good you are and move on.
    All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      just to add insult to injury, apparently I can teach her stuff I've learnt in 12 years...
      over the last 7 years I have trained chinese, indian and polish to take my work.

you are lucky you have lasted this long.

Comment

I have performed detailed handovers in the past and still been asked back.

While I left them with the details of my work, I didn't tell them how to apply it or implement it (that's my Intellectual Property).

Most PM's don't recognise that there's a subtle difference between the two.

This is absolutely no different from what a large consultancy would do in this situation (indeed that's how they make their living).
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Quite. See my thread on added value...
          Could you point me to it, sas? I'm always willing to add to my knowledge on this...

Ah - found it...
          Last edited by cojak; 8 September 2007, 09:09. Reason: Found sas's thread
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X