• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man arrested over wi-fi 'theft'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
    Don't think so, becuase the 'owner' of the signal didn't intentionally give it to the 'thief'!!!

Personally I think the 'owner' is a fool for not securing his network, but this does not excuse what the 'theif' did.

I just don't think anyone has come up with an apt analogy yet.....
    OK this blokes got a house right. In the Back garden is a big apple tree with enough apples to feed his family ten times over. So he doesnt need all the apples.
    One falls off and rolls through his unsecured fence. This guy is in the neighborhood looking for a free lunch. The guy hooks up his laptop and hijacks a wifi connection to google for 'free lunches' when all of a sudden.....

No hang on a minute, this analogy lark isnt as easy as I thought

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Comment

if it's considered a theft how the heck are they going to recover stolen goods

Comment

BTW everybody, he wasn't in a car, he was sitting on the garden wall.

Comment

From the BBC

...are they going to prosecute someone who stands outside a bakery warming their hands? It is like watching someone else's firework display."
            www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Reading your book from the light coming from someone's window

When you connect to a wifi access point you ask for permission, and depending on what the access point has been told to do, you are either granted permission or not. Thus if the access point as been setup to grant permission to everyone, you are entitled to believe you are allowed to use it.
              www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
                Reading your book from the light coming from someone's window

Brilliant, now thats what I call an analogy.
                Here's my next attempt.

There's this bird right. She earns her living by flashing her boobies, a sort of stripper right. Now she's walking along the street and her left booby flops out of her top.
                This bloke is sitting on the wall right. He has a laptop and hacks into someones unsecured wifi and googles for 'strip joints and dogging sites'

No hang on a minute, thats not right.
                Damn this analogy malarky

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                X