• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheltenham is like a ghost town

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a report on Breakfast News that apparently some people have been peeing / pouring bleach in a bowser...

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
      Four meals from anarchy. Great illustration of how fragile the whole of society is. If the electric, gas and water supplies went off, 24 hours later there would be total chaos, a week later people would be killing each other and forming armed gangs for protection....
      Last time I remember being a few days away from anarchy was the petrol crisis back in 2000. It was only a few days but you could sense it all getting a bit uneasy.

Comment

They have tankers of water going in ready for monday i'm told, which is excellent news as i'm sitting on my arse earning nothing while my client has shut down thier offices in Cheltenham atm, 2 weeks fee down the drain, bloody floods!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
          How can you say you are not a trucker, then?
          Quite easily. I have many hours alone in my lorry to convince myself that it I am not one.

HTH.

Comment

IMPORTANT WATER RECONNECTION NEWS FROM SEVERN TRENT
            Monday 30th July 2007

Quedgeley, Bishop's Cleeve, Prestbury, Gloucester, Churchdown, Eastern Ave, Longlevens, Tredworth, Abbeymead, Abbeydale, Barnwood, Tuffley, Podsmeadand Sandhurst.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire..._feature.shtml

No mention here about when the people here in Cheltenham will get their water back.
            Last edited by Lambros; 29 July 2007, 19:44.

Comment

Try the bigger timetable at http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....entPK=17958246

According to this Cheltenham gets water on Tuesday. Poor old Woodmancote is bottom of the list and has to wait till Thursday.

Comment

Anyone who is able to afford to live In Woodmancote is NOT poor. Although Woodmancote is bottom of then list I doubt whether many of the residents would have been using the bowers and collecting free bottled water from Severn Trent collection points. I expect most of them would have vacated to their second homes.

Comment

I've been to Tewkesbury today, and despite being disaster centre of the entire universe, they've had water since Friday. But they're still being told not to drink it.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I wonder if that chap is still driving around with his "I SPY" number plate...
                    Yes, and there're a pair of jokers one with "MI5" and the other with "SIS". Must of cost a packet for them plates.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X