• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslim Commuter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim Commuter

I was sat on the tube this morning, minding my own business as per usual...when...

a young, confused muslim chap, with beard, and big black bag got on and sat next to me. during the course of the journey, he opened his little Koran and began to quietly chant to himslef, rocking back and forth, in a mesmerized state....

anyways, noone seemed to blink twice at this, while i sat there kinda feeling a bit uneasy about it all.

now, dont get me wrong he probably was just a normal muslim dude, but surely they would have a little more sense after whats been in the news with bombings etc that peeps might get a bit nervous about that sort of behaviour on the tube?

anyway, what i found quite funny, after his little chat finished he leaned over and asked me if i had finished with my current bun and began to read Page 3.....

Originally posted by el duder
    began to read Page 3.....

what is it morse code? dot dot
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

.........just a normal muslim dude.......

Oxymoron alert!

Comment

I wonder what would happen if some concerned citizen phoned the police to say there was an agitated Muslim chap on the tube carrying a bag?

Would he end up riddled with bullets or would they tell the caller to get a grip?

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
          I wonder what would happen if some concerned citizen phoned the police to say there was an agitated Muslim chap on the tube carrying a bag?

Would he end up riddled with bullets or would they tell the caller to get a grip?

Interesting point. But he certainly made me feel nervous for a second.

What would you have done? Honestly, most people didnt look twice at him, while i was staring at him for a quite a bit and then for maybe a split second i thought about what to do if he were a sucidie bomber.

Comment

Passed the "integrating with British culture" test with flying colours then. Sounds like a thoroughly decent chap.

Comment

......began to quietly chant to himslef, rocking back and forth, in a mesmerized state....

Most people get sectioned for that.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt

The solution is to security check all white people going on the tube
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Interesting point. But he certainly made me feel nervous for a second.

What would you have done? Honestly, most people didnt look twice at him, while i was staring at him for a quite a bit and then for maybe a split second i thought about what to do if he were a sucidie bomber.

Beleive me, people would have been watching him carefully, but not in such an obvious way - it's damned un-British otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                    Beleive me, people would have been watching him carefully, but not in such an obvious way - it's damned un-British otherwise.

You see, it seems to me that we as British Citizens are asked to be tolerant of other cultures.

Now, after all these high profile terror threats, you would think that mr young muslim dude with big black bag would exude some tolerance and awareness of the volatile times we live in and put his koran and chanting to rest until a more suitable time. ie not on the fecking tube train!!

On reflection, i beleive people on the train and myself included should have spoken up and said somethign to this chap. That or at least reported him to the Police for suspicious behaviour on the Tube.

Comment

Working...
                    X