• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson on Glastonbury

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is what happens when folk from different age groups "discuss" music.

Loving the comments at the end of the article too - made me laugh more than Clarkson...

Jeremy, I bet you sound just like your father did 30 years ago - " they don't make em like they used to....", "this modern music is a racket..." etc.

I'm almost the same age as you and whilst our generation were responsible for The Who, Led Zep etc. etc we must also share the blame for The Bay City Rollers, The Goombay Dance Band, Disco ( all of it), and even possibly Scott Aitken and Waterman, plus many many more.

As well as "useless, talentless ne'er do-wells " there are a host of great rock and punk orientated bands around today ( mainly American unfortunately ) who don't have a political or eco agenda.

Now that the male menopause has well and truly hit here's a few ideas for next weeks column - 1) How food tasted better in my day 2) Kids aren't as respectful as they used to be. 3) Why middle age has not narrowed my outlook as much as it has broadened my waist.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
      Only Iggy and The Who looked worthwhile from the TV. CSS looked quite good too. Even The Manics sounded tired. **** The Killers and The Kaiser Chiefs and every other indy pop act designed for kids. Meaningless drivel or as they put it themselves, everything is average nowadays.
      Interesting - I had the same impression of Glast - they all seemed tired.

I first saw the Who at Greens Playhouse in Glasgow back in 1975 (or was it 1976) anyway for my second concert it was an amazing experience - and here they are after 30 years still playing - the sad aspect was that they (even though Daltrey cant sing like he used to -unlike Pete ) put the younger bands to shame - Townsend even mustered some blistering guitar solos - something a lot to the newer bands seem incapable of - and they knew how to pen a good tune.

Kaiser Chiefs must be the most appaling act Ive seen for years.

All in All - you're just another brick in the Wall.
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 June 2007, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
        Interesting - I had the same impression of Glast - they all seemed tired.

Kaiser Chiefs must be the most appaling act Ive seen for years.

All in All - you're just another brick in the Wall.

But the Arcade Fire were so cool

Comment

To be fair to the bands the sound system on the main stage was p1ss-poor and I thought the Kaiser Chiefs made a reasonable job of their set. It was funny watching them fidgeting while being interviewed by the BBC droids - they obviously wanted to go and watch The Who
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Aye

Cowboy Bob - in fact I did have the distinction of seeing System7 with Steve Hillage few years back at WOMAD Rivermead - an excellent electro dance performance - in fact WOMAD Rivermead is a reall music lover's festival - one for the conniseur really.

I have been dissapointed by the rather lacklustre performance at Glast - but will not be downheatened - rather it is now time to launch for the most sensational popular musical act this decade - AJ Pruffock and the DangleBerrys (c).

The DangleBerrys (or the Dangs as the fans call them ) offer an eclectic heady mix of sonic power and hard hitting social commentary from the celebrity frontman AJ Pruffock.

The debut single 'Couldnt Give A Sh1t' with the controversial B side 'Paying for the Pensioners (sick and tired of...) ' is already sold out - even though the tracks have not yet been recorded .

Even more remarkable - Tony Blair recent demands for the DangleBerrys to be banned for the sake of Decency and the National Interest - have only fueled demand for this controversial band whom are to head next years Glasgowberry along with Garcia's the Grateful Dead.

Look out World.
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 June 2007, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
              Aye, with you on that one Hart-floot!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
                They are growing on me.

Comment

Clarkson is my age so I doubt he actually got to see many of the groups he is going on about.
                  Last edited by OrangeHopper; 30 June 2007, 16:50.

Comment

Working...
                  X