• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reporting fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon
    I used to tell girls I was a helicopter pilot to get them into bed.
    I just have to make do with doing Chinese helicopter pilot impersonations.

It's tough being an evil genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Meerkat
      Moral Dilemma for you.

Should i shop him?
      No! Walk away, quickly.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Do not say anything to HMRC. It’s not to protect him from them or you from him, but you from the HMRC.

The HMRC will immediately investigate you too, and if they don’t find anything obvious, they will dig deeper. They will assume that you are involved somehow or trying to hide something else.

You have forgotten one fundamental thing: we are at war with them and the government in general. We are assumed to be guilty of crimes undetected. Never draw any attention to yourself.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Moral Dilemma for you.

Just found out someone i dont like is due to make a stash of cash (close to 1M) from a VAT carousel fraud scheme. He's a small fish, big players in the same scheme set to make many millions. Should i shop him? Would IR be interested in such a small fish or are they do busy making us contractors deemed employees?
          Yes - if it's true, then he's f*cked. If it's not, then he's going to be almost f*cked any way.

Sounds like you don't like him, so either way you're on to a winner.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
            We are assumed to be guilty of crimes not yet thought of or on the statue books, then backdated
            more accurate?
            Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
              Do not say anything to HMRC. It’s not to protect him from them or you from him, but you from the HMRC.

The HMRC will immediately investigate you too, and if they don’t find anything obvious, they will dig deeper. They will assume that you are involved somehow or trying to hide something else.

You have forgotten one fundamental thing: we are at war with them and the government in general. We are assumed to be guilty of crimes undetected. Never draw any attention to yourself.
              I'm sure that's absolutely true, although he could maintain his anonymity. Another reason for staying anonymous is that with millions swilling around, who's to say these villains don't have people on the inside i.e. working for HMRC and able to pass on details of anyone who tries stitching up the crooks.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Crimestoppers?

Community action award and proven anonnimity(sorry fleety)
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Its definately true. Not sure if he could trace it back to me, the bigger players dont know i exist and i think he may have been shooting his mouth about it to other people (girls! ) as well. . I think VAT are already on to him because apparently the payout has been delayed a number of times due to 'interest' from HMRC on where this money has come from. He's also had a bank account closed by the banks fraud dept - not sure if they pass that info on to HMRC? The main players are very very very big fish. To be honest i would like to see him get what he deserves, but obviously dont want to draw any attention to me either.

The bank will pass on any fraud activities to both HMRC and the police. They do it as part of their work against money laundering....

Comment

Moral Dilemma for you.

Just found out someone i dont like is due to make a stash of cash (close to 1M) from a VAT carousel fraud scheme. He's a small fish, big players in the same scheme set to make many millions. Should i shop him? Would IR be interested in such a small fish or are they do busy making us contractors deemed employees?
                    well put hte details here and someone else will shop him, or you could ask for a cut of the money !!
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

It doesn't sound like you need to do very much as the bank seem to be on to him. An anonymous letter from you should tip the balance.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X