• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reporting fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon
    Can't you get in trouble yourself for not notifying the relevant authorities if it can be proved that you were aware of it?
    and if he reports them , they will be out in 2-3 months by govt.'s discount jail scheme and he will be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      and if he reports them , they will be out in 2-3 months by govt.'s discount jail scheme and he will be in trouble.
      Who knows how long they will get. Surely you must be able to do it anonymously as per DaveB's post?
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

You can do it anon, wether that remains the case or not im not sure. To be honest i'd settle for him getting all his bank accounts frozen and face financial ruin i think the bigger fish are probably too clever to be caught. The main one apparently has previously made over 10M from this and lives abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Meerkat
          You can do it anon, wether that remains the case or not im not sure. To be honest i'd settle for him getting all his bank accounts frozen and face financial ruin i think the bigger fish are probably too clever to be caught. The main one apparently has previously made over 10M from this and lives abroad.
          No one is above the law. Not even Haris Pilton.

Comment

Well go for it then.

Comment

You must have been given this info from someone else - either you know someone very close to this scam or they are really crap at keeping things quiet!

If it is the former - how many other know?

Comment

If you dont like him, shop him and remember to use the name Milan.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
                  You must have been given this info from someone else - either you know someone very close to this scam or they are really crap at keeping things quiet!

If it is the former - how many other know?
                  Indeed. If they are experienced, multi-million pound VAT scammers, how come all of us on this internet forum know about it before it has even happened!?!

Comment

Like i said, i have no clue who the main players are, just the above 'stories' told to me by the person i know who is involved and yes, he has trouble keeping his mouth closed. i've asked in the past how many others know, maybe 5 of his 'close friends'.

Comment

Like i said, i have no clue who the main players are, just the above 'stories' told to me by the person i know who is involved and yes, he has trouble keeping his mouth closed. i've asked in the past how many others know, maybe 5 of his 'close friends'.
                      Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

I used to tell girls I was a helicopter pilot to get them into bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X