• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll - would you have left Madeline McCann?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    There are an awful lot of righteous pr*cks with hindsight behind them.

DA in "there but for the grace of god" mode.
    Aye.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
      It still seems a bit loaded to me, because we have the benefit of hindsight. Everyone can vote No, and show they wouldn't have done what the parents did. But we know the consequences of the decision and they didn't.
      I appreciate the hindsight bit. Obviously you can be in the next room and child gets snatched or suffers cot death or whatever.

But the consequences bit is important. Hopefully now everyone will either take the kids to the restaurant or stay at home. Particularrly with any children under 5 - over 5 amount of distance parents are depends on age and the child?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
        I appreciate the hindsight bit. Obviously you can be in the next room and child gets snatched or suffers cot death or whatever.

But the consequences bit is important. Hopefully now everyone will either take the kids to the restaurant or stay at home. Particularrly with any children under 5 - over 5 amount of distance parents are depends on age and the child?
        Well - I don't have kids so I don't know - hope to find out one day. I just find this poll a bit sick (but I'll get over it.)

Comment

I am off to mark warner in July and I am certainly not going to take my 5 year old to dinner late at night, and nor am I going to sit in the room guarding her, that's the wife's job whilst I chat up all the polish totty . One thing for sure things will have tightened up by the time I get there.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
            Well - I don't have kids so I don't know - hope to find out one day. I just find this poll a bit sick (but I'll get over it.)
            sorry you find it a bit sick. but its doing alot to restore my faith in human nature by the overwhelming no vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              One thing for sure things will have tightened up by the time I get there.
              you really think so? it was already considered a very very safe place - what more can Mark Warner do?

Comment

sorry you find it a bit sick. but its doing alot to restore my faith in human nature by the overwhelming no vote.
                As long as it's cheering someone up.

Comment

you really think so? it was already considered a very very safe place - what more can Mark Warner do?
                  it is quite interesting how the puritans who hate to see people enjoying themselves come out of the closet. i am not going on holiday living in fear of my child being kidnapped, and if someone so much dares to look down at their noses at me because I have left my child in bed whilst I am at the restaurant I will smack em. I suppose you would support an edict from the govt that underpins a parents right not only to be paranoid about their children but also wish to impose their paranoia on everyone else.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

People have a poor perception of the odds of things going wrong. 99% of the time the kids would have been fine. Child abduction is not an everyday event (at least in Europe) contrary to popular perception.
                    I would have done the same as them (room 50m from their table in line of sight and frequent checkings).

SG in <<waiting for the self-righteous moralists to descend>> mode
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Voted yes, not so much because it is what i would do as tbh no real clue what i would as not got kids but more because i think a huge proportion of people who would vote no (in the mindset people were in before Medeline vanished) are full of it

I spent most of formative years living in holiday destinations like they were visiting and for parents to act like them (or a lot worse) was VERY VERY common

Comment

Working...
                      X