• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll - would you have left Madeline McCann?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say hell no

i suppose someone should start another poll for "Do you think she is alive"

it has been over a month now so doesn't look good.
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      it is quite interesting how the puritans who hate to see people enjoying themselves come out of the closet. i am not going on holiday living in fear of my child being kidnapped, and if someone so much dares to look down at their noses at me because I have left my child in bed whilst I am at the restaurant I will smack em. I suppose you would support an edict from the govt that underpins a parents right not only to be paranoid about their children but also wish to impose their paranoia on everyone else.
      So back to the original question - you posted "One thing for sure things will have tightened up by the time I get there." and I replied "you really think so? it was already considered a very very safe place - what more can Mark Warner do?"

Sorry you think people who dont go to restaurants are puritans - are people not capable of enjoying themselves in the holiday villa?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        People have a poor perception of the odds of things going wrong. 99% of the time the kids would have been fine. Child abduction is not an everyday event (at least in Europe) contrary to popular perception.
        I would have done the same as them (room 50m from their table in line of sight and frequent checkings).

SG in <<waiting for the self-righteous moralists to descend>> mode
        more like fine 99.99% of time. but I would still have not have taken the risk. Would have taken the kids with me or stayed in Villa. Which is what I have done last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
          more like fine 99.99% of time. but I would still have not have taken the risk. Would have taken the kids with me or stayed in Villa. Which is what I have done last 2 years.
          So you're going to protect your kids from any 0.01% risk for the rest of their lives? How do you intend doing that?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

So back to the original question - you posted "One thing for sure things will have tightened up by the time I get there." and I replied "you really think so? it was already considered a very very safe place - what more can Mark Warner do?"

Sorry you think people who dont go to restaurants are puritans - are people not capable of enjoying themselves in the holiday villa?
            I will vote a big NO to leaving her alone in the apartment, but I would leave mine in bed while I'm in my own garden having a drink. If I measured the distance it would be about the same as what they did.

Comment

yes but you are an It contractor and therefore quite used to sitting on your own in the dark
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Mark Warner is not a holiday Villa. you have bedrooms and that is it. If you want to eat or drink you go to the restaurant or to one of the bars.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Get a baby sitter ffs.. cheapskates.

The other point about leaving your kids is that they can put themselves in danger, particularly a 3 or 4 yr old, e.g. climbing up wardrobes, running themsleves baths, jumping in and out of the bath with wet hands turning on the TV, hair dryer... etc etc. They can also wake up from nightmare or get a fright and if they think they are alone they can freak out.

Comment

Would you have left Madeline McCann (aged just under 4) and twins aged 2 alone while you went to a restaurant?
                    No, absolutely not.
                    Can't, for the life of me, understand what they were thinking.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I've had the debate with my Mrs and I would of been tempted into leaving my 2 year old asleep if it was only 50 yards away, but there is no way my Mrs would of let me do it. So the answer is NO.

Comment

Working...
                      X