• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You're all going to hate me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked in Faro and I found Portugal to as bad as Italy for crime and I was robbed by two Brazilian illegal emigrants, (many who live in a shanty town in the suburb).

In Brazil, child kidnapping and selling is an every day occurrence:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...961895,00.html

Perhaps this is what happened?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
      So...lets say I'm speeding in my car with my kids in it...something loads of people do (far more than leaving their kids alone) and I crash the car and one of my kids dies...would you all be so forgiving of me? Would you say that I was suffering enough? Or would you say that I was reckless with the lives of my kids and deserve to be locked up?
      Why would I be forgiving when you hadn't wronged me personally? I would accept I was in no position to judge you. Let he without sin cast the first stone, etc, etc. (no, I'm not Chiqo) but yes, I'd feel your pain because you would indeed be paying the ultimate price for the very same action 99.999% of parents commit. You wouldn't know a day's peace or a night's sleep for years to come, if ever.

In this country, the media machine has just heightened our guilt-and-blame culture though so yes, there would be half the population who would be calling for a judge to throw the book at you. I wouldn't be one of them.
      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        No, I'm taking my ball home.

<strops off>
        Chinese balls?

Comment

No, that would be taking them out....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
            I worked in Faro and I found Portugal to as bad as Italy for crime and I was robbed by two Brazilian illegal emigrants, (many who live in a shanty town in the suburb).

In Brazil, child kidnapping and selling is an every day occurrence:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...961895,00.html

Perhaps this is what happened?

as has been said before, if it was for adoption/selling surely they would have taken the younger ones ?
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

The other thread which was titled why does everyone hate me made me think - I wonder if Maddie's parents were working class/black etc, would the case have had the same publicity? Would anyone dared to blame the parents? Would anyone have cared? Would the Pope offer his blessings etc?

More so if the mother was a fat ugly loud mouthed lass would have SA criticised her

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim
                More so if the mother was a fat ugly loud mouthed lass would have SA criticised her
                I'm not ugly you cheeky f*cker
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  I'm not ugly you cheeky f*cker
                  I don't think he was referring to you, but thanks for clearing that up !
                  Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
                    I don't think he was referring to you, but thanks for clearing that up !
                    He was implying I'd have more empathy for a loud mouthed ugly fat lass (as I'd have more in common with her).
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim
                      The other thread which was titled why does everyone hate me made me think - I wonder if Maddie's parents were working class/black etc, would the case have had the same publicity? Would anyone dared to blame the parents? Would anyone have cared? Would the Pope offer his blessings etc?

Oh wow - my favourite subject discrimination

IMO I think the fact that they are both good looking white middle class Drs had a lot to do with all the attention given to the case (both good and bad attention ) after all this society loves beating up middle classes

Comment

Working...
                      X