• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burdock
    are you saying John Travolta and Tom Cruise are dumb
    Clearly they are. Or maybe Tommy boy has been blackmailed over all those blokes he's shagged?

Comment

I wasn't that impressed by the programme in the end. They seemed more concerned with sensationalism than anything else. The only thing that I found interesting was the creepy surveillance by the Scientologist bloke.

Oh. and the shouting incident was fantastic. The BBC bloke lost it big time! (it didn't phase the Scientologist though, who just kept up his monosyllablic diatribe...)

I reckon all contributors to this thread are now under surveillance!!

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
        Clearly they are. Or maybe Tommy boy has been blackmailed over all those blokes he's shagged?
        John Travolta hasn't been too shy in that department either...allegedly...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          You already were; a combination of MI5, Special Branch, Greys & Giant Alien Lizards.

The Scientologists are the very least of it...

HTH.
          I thought the Scientologists were a branch of the Greys?

Saw the prog last night.
          Found it most amusing, and disturbing in equal measure.
          Clearly the BBC had not set out to do an even handed review, but at the same time the Scientologists set themselves up for ridicule.
          They have a right to their belief, but they don't seem to accept that others have the right to question that belief. Cult, Extremism, call it what you will, it did not come across as a religion.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

And what a disappointment it was to see all those celebs negating the bit about alien warlord Xenu nuking the early humans in volcanoes.

I say "in for a penny, in for a pound"....they should all be excommunicated!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              Clearly the BBC had not set out to do an even handed review.
              They did. They interviewed a bunch of Scientologists to get their side of the story, then the Scientologists pulled the rights to the interviews at the last minute, enabling them to claim that it was a biased documentary - this is a classic example of "Fair Game" - http://www.xenu.net/fairgame-e.html
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I wasn't dissapointed at all.. It does make you think as a parent "god I hope they don't get a hold of my child".

It was quite clear that scientology wasn't interested in a balanced piece, only a piece which furthers their mission to be recognised as a relegion. Once they determined that wasn't gonna happen - ie: there would be some criticism as well - they decided to "destroy" the BBC correspondant (who will probably have to put up with their harrassement for the rest of his life).
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I was amazed how they damaged their own case with all that following about, stopping people talking, homophobic attacks on critics etc. You would think with their money they would have found some smooth talking sorts and put together a very slick operation that left us all thinking the sinister reputation was totally unfounded. Those are "Clears"? God knows what they started out as!

As I live two miles from the British Centre at Saint Hill and go to the gym right opposite the gates I cannot say more. Ooer, there's a bloke in my garden.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What was that 'emachine' thingy that they hooked up to their victims? Surely all the bbc had to do was get hold of one and expose it as for what it is, a multimeter connected to a car battery... hardly scientific!

Also "Lron, a science fiction writer..." would that not be enough to dissuade even the dumbest of dimwits?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X