• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Londoners!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Londoners!

No wonder the rest of the UK hates you so, so much.

Was delivering in London yesterday, my I'm on the bench but still getting paid job. Noticed that the majority of people in london look so ******* miserable. If you don't like it move!

Tried to turn a corner (at some traffic lights) and it was a lttle too tight. My fault, decide to reverse shunt and carry on forward.

Even though this massive lorry (9ft wide, 16ft high, 50ft long) has loud speaker shouting "WARNING: THIS BIG THING IS ABOUT TO MOVE BACKWARDS AND SQUISH YOU" (or words to that effect) people continued to walk behind me.

So I start moving backwards (very slowly) to which I hear someone hammering on the side shouting that there are people behind me. No tulip! If they waited till the light was green for them then crossed you think that they would have a greater chance to live.

Got my own devious own back though. Some big wig parks his 06 merc in the loading bay I was in, just enough room to get past but not turn (tail swing). Asked him to move it and he just walked off from the car. Decided at this point my early finish was more important than the finish on he car and moved it with the rear of the trailer as I come past. Think about it. Now unladed artic with 480 ponies and a 1000+ kN/m of tourque vs a merc paint job.

He comes out of some cafe he had been sitting at demanding my insurance details. I politley pointed out to him he was on private land under a sign saying "no liability taken for any damamge how so ever caused".

I am like 99% of delivery drivers out there a complete cock face when people do tulip to annoy me. If londoners in general were more helpful and actually looked like they gave a damn instead of burying thier heads in the copy of the newspaper they were reading then we might take more care. No wonder drivers willng to do London routes are now like rocking horse tulip and attract premium £££.

Originally posted by Sockpuppet

Was delivering in London yesterday, my I'm on the bench but still getting paid job. Noticed that the majority of people in london look so ******* miserable. If you don't like it move!

Tried to turn a corner (at some traffic lights) and it was a lttle too tight. My fault, decide to reverse shunt and carry on forward.

Even though this massive lorry (9ft wide, 16ft high, 50ft long) has loud speaker shouting "WARNING: THIS BIG THING IS ABOUT TO MOVE BACKWARDS AND SQUISH YOU" (or words to that effect) people continued to walk behind me.

So I start moving backwards (very slowly) to which I hear someone hammering on the side shouting that there are people behind me. No tulip! If they waited till the light was green for them then crossed you think that they would have a greater chance to live.

Got my own devious own back though. Some big wig parks his 06 merc in the loading bay I was in, just enough room to get past but not turn (tail swing). Asked him to move it and he just walked off from the car. Decided at this point my early finish was more important than the finish on he car and moved it with the rear of the trailer as I come past. Think about it. Now unladed artic with 480 ponies and a 1000+ kN/m of tourque vs a merc paint job.

He comes out of some cafe he had been sitting at demanding my insurance details. I politley pointed out to him he was on private land under a sign saying "no liability taken for any damamge how so ever caused".

I am like 99% of delivery drivers out there a complete cock face when people do tulip to annoy me. If londoners in general were more helpful and actually looked like they gave a damn instead of burying thier heads in the copy of the newspaper they were reading then we might take more care. No wonder drivers willng to do London routes are now like rocking horse tulip and attract premium £££.

The pace of life and the evolving culture designed to cope with it has turned everyone in London and the home counties into the most unlikeable buch of people I've ever met. I hate the whole region and refuse to visit if at all possible.

you can't beat the Leicestershire for friendly welcoming people, eh, SockPuppet?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      you can't beat the Leicestershire for friendly welcoming people, eh, SockPuppet?
      There are a couple of areas (Beaumont Leys) where that doesnt apply. But most are welcoming unless you are:

a) pakistani living on an "indian street"
      b) indian living on a "pakistani street"
      c) indiands and pakistanis living on a "one side is indian, one pakistani" street.
      d) anywhere near beaumont leys.

Comment

There are a couple of areas (Beaumont Leys) where that doesnt apply. But most are welcoming unless you are:

a) pakistani living on an "indian street"
        b) indian living on a "pakistani street"
        c) indiands and pakistanis living on a "one side is indian, one pakistani" street.
        d) anywhere near beaumont leys.
        Think we can include Belgrave in that list then!

Comment

The pace of life and the evolving culture designed to cope with it has turned everyone in London and the home counties into the most unlikeable buch of people I've ever met. I hate the whole region and refuse to visit if at all possible.

I concur. It's a freakin miserable rat race, but thats where the $$ is end of. There are just too many people.

Comment

We dont move as the works in London (or at least my skills are needed here), we go to our northern country pads at the weekend

Comment

Ah yes - the friendly BNP voting Leicester bunch. Give me Londeners any day!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

If only everyone were like SASguru
                I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Could you please install a webcam for your next visit to London !?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    Ah yes - the friendly BNP voting Leicester bunch. Give me Londeners any day!

I thought there were more pakistanis, indians and banglawongas up your neck of the woods, SA. Ripe for the BNP, I'd have thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X