• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Thats good news EO.

As I commute to work by cycle every day, and play five a sides football once a week and swim every Sunday - given I am three weeks away from being 47 - I have never felt fitter.

Regular exercise is the key - and try and do stuff you enjoy - and I even save money (appox 50 pounds per month) by cycling which is a great plus - that said I also use cycle lanes for my entire journey - I dont cycle on the road network.

Future plans are to take up Salsa Dancing and Yoga this summer vacation will be spent hillwalking in the Highlands - Gods own country.
    Ah Salsa dancing, easy way to find a shag.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Just had BP taken at docs while I was there for an unrelated matter

146/99 seems way too high - & she want's me to come back for 2 more samples. Does anyone else suffer from high BP?
      How long have I got Doc?
      Perhaps you could pass on the clients details to Dodgy.

Looks like they may need his services soon.

Comment

Thanks to sasguru for this....

Originally posted by sasguru
        The main causes are:

1) Salt in processed food
        2) Too much booze
        3) Smoking
        4) Too little exercise
        5) [snip] being an un-relaxed arse
        But I'd like to add being overweight, caffeine, and that salt should be limited from all sources, not just from processed food. Typically two slices of bread contain your salt requirement for a whole day, (not the same as the recommended maximum.)

Weirdly chips, from a proper chippy, with no salt on them, are the only fast food you can eat which are guaranteed to be salt free.

Start reading labels in the supermarket. If you eat out ask them to use no salt, or very low salt: sometimes it actually works. Possibly the same applies to MSG, not sure.

From what I know the order of importance of the different factors varies by person: salt is the number one culprit for most people though. Its a good idea to get into home cooking.

If you follow a sensible regime for a while and your GP likes the results then you won't have to take medication. Ignore macho advice about ignoring your high BP: if you need to then take the pills you get prescribed and start feeling better. And you're less likely to end up with some of the other nasty stuff High BP can cause.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X