• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clueless .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill
    I wouldn't take her too seriously, it's probably "Rag Week".

IGMC
    You are spot on. I've even said myself that Denny cannot be real. But there is always a nagging doubt in my mind that here, we have a live one!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      You are spot on. I've even said myself that Denny cannot be real. But there is always a nagging doubt in my mind that here, we have a live one!
      Denny can't be real as anybody with enough time to post rubbish on here cannot be running a real business.

Comment

[QUOTE=Denny]
        Originally posted by pickle

The product or service should be the field of expertise, not a willingness to bend to their whims for comformity that have little to do with getting deliverables out to the right standard and on time.

Why don't you read by bloody posts properly!
        Why dont you write them with a modicum of logic in the first place and then you wont get treated with such derision.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

[QUOTE=DodgyAgent]
          Originally posted by Denny

Why dont you write them with a modicum of logic in the first place and then you wont get treated with such derision.

Yeah, I concur!

While you're at it, put the kettle on, love!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
            Denny can't be real as anybody with enough time to post rubbish on here cannot be running a real business.
            She's not running a real business - by her own admission, she's been on the bench for 2.5 months.
            Real businesses would be out there marketing, selling, networking, not sitting at home reading CUK and waiting for an agency to call...

Comment

Oh **** off you *****.

I am doing all those things.

I sent you for coffee yesterday!!!

You're worse than useless!

You're fired!

Churchill - In "AMS" mode!

Comment

Oh **** off you *****.

I am doing all those things.
                You have put the kettle on then?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
                  You have a "real business" if it is theoretically possible for you to take a year off from your business and upon your return to find it as profitable as when you worked there.

If you don't fit this definition, you are self-employed.

... what contractors usually mean when they say they're a "real business" is that they are self-employed rather than employed, and should be taxed as such.
                  Spot-on! I never say I'm a "real business", I see myself as self-employed. Now if only I could work out how to get HMRC to see me that way too, and then agencies to see it as well. Then I wouldn't need this stupid Ltd.

I'd be happy to work on short-term employment contracts too. Anybody know a 3-month salaried employment going for 80k/y equivalent?

I don't run the damn zoo. I am not the one that decides not to work in the manner that is most logical for what I do.
                  God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                  X