• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canadian Job Sites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XTC
    Yeah I'm after good long off piste rides. Was in Meribel in march and that had some great off-piste stuff. Not that fussed about the night-life
    You'll love kicking horse then - we did three day's their last year (We were in Banff, and did an organised trip their for a day, liked it soo much we binned our Banff passes, hired a car and went their the next two days). Fernie is great (Did a season their), Whistler is good, around Banff is also decent (Avoid Jasper and anything on the east coast).

The US has got some good stuff too, but not in the same league as Canada from what I seen, though I've only been to the east coast resorts plus Jackson hole and Snowbird. Both good but nowhere near as good as what I mentioned in Canada.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I got 72 woo hoo! Off to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
        You do realise that it gets quite cold in Edmonton? Winter was the reason I returned to the UK (after 30 years). I'm yearning to return...
        Yeah I know, but I guess you just prepare for it, wrap up warm, don't take a piss outside.

Though when we have been there in the summer its been pretty hot too! I guess the benefit of being quite far inland etc. Took a trip down to Drumheller last time we were there and that was like a desert! Saw a bunch of snakes and stuff.
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven
          Yeah I know, but I guess you just prepare for it, wrap up warm, don't take a piss outside.

Though when we have been there in the summer its been pretty hot too! I guess the benefit of being quite far inland etc. Took a trip down to Drumheller last time we were there and that was like a desert! Saw a bunch of snakes and stuff.
          Its okay to pee (but it will remain in that spot until spring) just don't lick any metal objects. Remember Dumb and Dumber?
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

The best thing about Canada is proper doughnuts. Boy do I miss having a proper tim horton's doughnut. Now if we (Canadians) could just get rid of the monarchy it would be perfect.
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

The best thing about Canada is proper doughnuts. Boy do I miss having a proper tim horton's doughnut. Now if we (Canadians) could just get rid of the monarchy it would be perfect.
              Tim Hortons are in Ireland, when I was in Dublin last year I saw a few of their branches. What I miss is Booster Juice
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
                I got 72 woo hoo! Off to Canada.
                i got 78 - me too!

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
                  i got 78 - me too!

I don't need points! I just need to sell my damn house and I'm back there.

Comment

I don't need points! I just need to sell my damn house and I'm back there.
                    And when you get back there you are going to set up your own company and employ us lot so we can get in on a work visa, eh?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven
                      And when you get back there you are going to set up your own company and employ us lot so we can get in on a work visa, eh?!?!

Yes, at a depressed salary of course as you are taking jobs from the citizens.

Comment

Working...
                      X