• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canadian Job Sites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Job Sites?

Anyone know best IT web sites for Canada? Just toying with the idea, given how easy it is to migrate their atm, thought I'd dip my toes in the water.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Snaw,

long time no see.

Loser / quitter, can't hack life in the UK huh, loser.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      Snaw,

long time no see.

Loser / quitter, can't hack life in the UK huh, loser.

Milan.
      I been around, just not active, nothing much that's made me interested enough to respond. Bit too much trolling these days.

An no, not quitting, just curious to get a feel for the market there. I'm happy enough in the UK atm, but I'm always open to living in a new place. Kind of a recurrent theme of mine, moving countries every few years.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

no problem, only teasing, used that line because that's the line some of the die hards here use

All the best,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
          Bit too much trolling these days.

Comment

Anyone know best IT web sites for Canada? Just toying with the idea, given how easy it is to migrate their atm, thought I'd dip my toes in the water.
            Monster.ca is often mentioned, I keep trying to get the Mrs to agree to emigrate, hopefully one day. My brother is in Edmonton and it's boom town there at the moment with all the new Oil they have found.

British Ex Pats is a good website there, lots of good info and banter.
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Thanks Portseven, much appreciated.

Comment

I been around, just not active, nothing much that's made me interested enough to respond. Bit too much trolling these days.

An no, not quitting, just curious to get a feel for the market there. I'm happy enough in the UK atm, but I'm always open to living in a new place. Kind of a recurrent theme of mine, moving countries every few years.
                I looked at this in 2003 so it might have changed since then but most of the sites seemed to be regional either focussing on British Columbia (plus NW US)or on Ontario with not much in between.

Is the new drive not based on Alberta - seems a bit windswept and barren up that way!

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
                  Is the new drive not based on Alberta - seems a bit windswept and barren up that way!
                  Whats the deal on the new drive? Are they offering fastrack PR's?
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Dunno about a new drive, just that the number of points required for entry isn't particuarily high, did the calculator thing on the government website and clear it by a mile. Got me thinking ...

Comment

Working...
                    X