• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guitars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guitars

Had a go on an Epiphone 335 yesterday, have to say the experience was pretty ordinary. Was comforting that it is not even half as good as the Rickenbacker . But what I have realised is that my cheap solid guitar is actually totally brilliant , as I was thinking of replacing my cheap guitar with a better cheap guitar. My current "cheap" guitar Westbury, cost me £100 (mind you it is over 20 years old) and is apparently hard to beat.
    I'm alright Jack

Westbury Standard 1979-1982--Made in Japan by Matsumoka, if you are looking at Westbury Guitars you already know that though. This Westbury came with Gibson PAF Pickups from 1958 when i bought it, needless to say the Gibson PAF'S do not sell with this guitar unless you have about $10.000.00 CASH. It has a Gibson 496 and a Gibson 500 on it, they are high output Humbuckers and they have a very nice sound. This guitar has some usual dings for a 27 year old guitar but it is in very good condition with low action. For those of you that don't know Westbury Guitars it is all Mahogany with a German Carve Top and schaller tuning gears with a W written on them. Shipping to lower 48 only, with a fixed shipping rate of $40.00, it comes witha non original Westbury Case. This is a players guitar, if you want all original parts look on DUDES. The only thing that is non original is the Humbuckers and i would say these are an improvement over the Dimarzio's that come on most of them.

Mine doesn't have Gibson pickups.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 April 2007, 11:52.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Built my own guitar when I was a kid, uses DiMarzio X2N pickups. Never found anything that comes close to being as good.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

in the process of buying an eric johnson strat, white. i sold my 333 (720 smackeroos - you would've got a bargain) and am currently getting pics organised to sell the 335. but glad to hear you made the right move with the strickenbacker

Comment

Well done Scotspine

I have a sneaky feeling your guitar may have been better, but I'll never know.

My consolation, (if this were to be the case) is that the Rickenbacker looks good.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

The cheaper the Guitar - the Better.

1980 Alf perchanced on a EKO Rio Grande acoustic - been sold by an Italian shoe shop (20 quid ) - ay any rate I had three offers for this guitar such was its resonance.

Sadly lost the guitar on the way back from a party , was on the train to Ewst Norwood and realised too late that I had left the guitar on the luggage rack.

Comment

Never never never put your guitar on the luggage rack.

I was on the train last night, and I instinctively didn't put it on the luggage rack, instead I cling to it stroking its smooth curves.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

It is touching to think that someone has learned from my misfortune.

The Mafia Stole My Guitar ...

Comment

Working...
                X