• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Guitars

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Guitars"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    It is touching to think that someone has learned from my misfortune.

The Mafia Stole My Guitar ...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Never never never put your guitar on the luggage rack.

I was on the train last night, and I instinctively didn't put it on the luggage rack, instead I cling to it stroking its smooth curves.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    The cheaper the Guitar - the Better.

1980 Alf perchanced on a EKO Rio Grande acoustic - been sold by an Italian shoe shop (20 quid ) - ay any rate I had three offers for this guitar such was its resonance.

Sadly lost the guitar on the way back from a party , was on the train to Ewst Norwood and realised too late that I had left the guitar on the luggage rack.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Well done Scotspine

I have a sneaky feeling your guitar may have been better, but I'll never know.

My consolation, (if this were to be the case) is that the Rickenbacker looks good.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    in the process of buying an eric johnson strat, white. i sold my 333 (720 smackeroos - you would've got a bargain) and am currently getting pics organised to sell the 335. but glad to hear you made the right move with the strickenbacker

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Built my own guitar when I was a kid, uses DiMarzio X2N pickups. Never found anything that comes close to being as good.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Westbury Standard 1979-1982--Made in Japan by Matsumoka, if you are looking at Westbury Guitars you already know that though. This Westbury came with Gibson PAF Pickups from 1958 when i bought it, needless to say the Gibson PAF'S do not sell with this guitar unless you have about $10.000.00 CASH. It has a Gibson 496 and a Gibson 500 on it, they are high output Humbuckers and they have a very nice sound. This guitar has some usual dings for a 27 year old guitar but it is in very good condition with low action. For those of you that don't know Westbury Guitars it is all Mahogany with a German Carve Top and schaller tuning gears with a W written on them. Shipping to lower 48 only, with a fixed shipping rate of $40.00, it comes witha non original Westbury Case. This is a players guitar, if you want all original parts look on DUDES. The only thing that is non original is the Humbuckers and i would say these are an improvement over the Dimarzio's that come on most of them.

Mine doesn't have Gibson pickups.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 April 2007, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Guitars

Guitars

Had a go on an Epiphone 335 yesterday, have to say the experience was pretty ordinary. Was comforting that it is not even half as good as the Rickenbacker . But what I have realised is that my cheap solid guitar is actually totally brilliant , as I was thinking of replacing my cheap guitar with a better cheap guitar. My current "cheap" guitar Westbury, cost me £100 (mind you it is over 20 years old) and is apparently hard to beat.

Working...
X