• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Alliance SPAM !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Alliance SPAM !

Just got a lovely email from Contractor Alliance with a load of attachments for
    Craig L
    David C
    Louise M
    Max H
    Thomas R
    Victor B
    Brendan K-S
    Janoon
    Stephen A
    Paul
    Jon M
    Henri
    Mark C
    Well done CA

not very clever was it

PM me of you want your own attachment
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Originally posted by MrsGoof
    Just got a lovely email from Contractor Alliance with a load of attachments for
    Craig L
    David C
    Louise M
    Max H
    Thomas R
    Victor B
    Brendan K-S
    Janoon
    Stephen A
    Paul
    Jon M
    Henri
    Mark C
    Well done CA

not very clever was it

PM me of you want your own attachment

Astonishing! Doesn't that constitute a breach of personal details confidentiality on CA's part.

Comment

Slight cock up with the email to prompt completion of sign up. Nothing spectacular went out apart from the names so no breach of email addresses or anything personal. Five of those listed were some of my test sign ups as most who have joined have fully completed registration. Thanks for flagging it up on the forum Mrs G, very public spirited of you - helps us work out who you are too (as if we didn't know anyway.) Will be mailing an apology when the script has been fully tested to see what went wrong.

Like I said, nothing personal gone out so no great problem but embarrasing all the same. Apologies for exciting you enough to make you post about it on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator
        Slight cock up with the email to prompt completion of sign up. Nothing spectacular went out apart from the names so no breach of email addresses or anything personal. Five of those listed were some of my test sign ups as most who have joined have fully completed registration. Thanks for flagging it up on the forum Mrs G, very public spirited of you - helps us work out who you are too (as if we didn't know anyway.) Will be mailing an apology when the script has been fully tested to see what went wrong.

Like I said, nothing personal gone out so no great problem but embarrasing all the same. Apologies for exciting you enough to make you post about it on the forum.
        That comes over as very flippant.
        Last edited by Epiphone; 15 April 2007, 21:09.

Comment

That comes over as very flippant.
          No it doesn't...it comes across as genuinely embarassed and apologetic.

Flippant would be "Yeah we messed up. So what. Nothing serious was compromised. Get over it."

I suggest you read a dictionary to understand the definition of the word flippant. Then reconsider.
          Last edited by Board Game Geek; 16 April 2007, 05:01.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Epiphone, seconded, thought the same when I read it.

Still who cares eh.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
              No it doesn't...it comes across as genuinely embarassed and apologetic.

Flippant would be "Yeah we messed up. So what. Nothing serious was compromised. Get over it."

I suggest you read a dictionary to understand the definition of the word flippant. Then reconsider.
              So if a customer of yours came to you with a concern you'd say "So what, get over it" would you?

Apologies for exciting you enough to make you post about it on the forum.
              To me, sounds flippant. Oh, by the way frivolously disrespectful, shallow, or lacking in seriousness; characterized by levity or glib; voluble.

Admin may not have meant it to sound like that but that's a drawback of a text based meduim eh.

Comment

agreed,

when I read the reply, I thought to myself, well if that's their attitude...

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone
                  So if a customer of yours came to you with a concern you'd say "So what, get over it" would you?
                  IMO one should give companies a chance to sort these things out before going "public". Mistakes do happen to everyone - its how we sort out our mistakes which decides our true abilities.

I am looking forward to joining Contractor Alliance as soon as I get a chance.

Comment

Sarcastic is the word I think you're looking for...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X