• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Alliance SPAM !"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    I tell you one thing,

if the Contractor Alliance takes off, as a market place

it will add a massive amount to the retail value of James' venture !

good luck I say,

Milan.
    Good luck I say too!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I tell you one thing,

if the Contractor Alliance takes off, as a market place

it will add a massive amount to the retail value of James' venture !

good luck I say,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    'Recon they should apologise for apologising?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator
    Thanks Milan, we all thought it was a wicked idea, hence the time and effort to get it up and running.

In hindsight yes I should have been more professional - being sarcastic is not big or clever. Lowest form of wit and all that.

I guess my only excuse is that posting on here I see you all as friends so was disappointed when a long-term poster publically highlighted a minor cock up rather than let us know about it. Was like being slapped by an old mate

We do pride ourselves in not being as stuffy as the PCG and not the gutter level of CC Net but yes, should understand that you are a bunch of suspicious devils and will wonder what CA is all about and possibly even view it as SPAM. Anything like this is bound to be viewed with a certain amount of scorn to start with but all we are trying to do is help fellow contractors as we do with this site and forum and public humiliation did not seem to be repaying that kindness.

You are right Euro-commuter, the comment about my stance on what is professional being rather pimp like is fair enough (and that one hurt more than the initial public humiliation) but hope you will appreciate that you lot do feel like friends and that is why I felt hurt and resorted to sarcasm.

Don't look now but another forum member has PM'd me to say that he has had a mail come through with attachments for other people
    What are you apologising for. Jeez. It was an honest mistake that didnt hurt anyone. You should be ashamed of yourself, stand up
    are you a man or a mouse ?
    or possibly a woman or a mouse ?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Thanks Milan, we all thought it was a wicked idea, hence the time and effort to get it up and running.

In hindsight yes I should have been more professional - being sarcastic is not big or clever. Lowest form of wit and all that.

I guess my only excuse is that posting on here I see you all as friends so was disappointed when a long-term poster publically highlighted a minor cock up rather than let us know about it. Was like being slapped by an old mate

We do pride ourselves in not being as stuffy as the PCG and not the gutter level of CC Net but yes, should understand that you are a bunch of suspicious devils and will wonder what CA is all about and possibly even view it as SPAM. Anything like this is bound to be viewed with a certain amount of scorn to start with but all we are trying to do is help fellow contractors as we do with this site and forum and public humiliation did not seem to be repaying that kindness.

You are right Euro-commuter, the comment about my stance on what is professional being rather pimp like is fair enough (and that one hurt more than the initial public humiliation) but hope you will appreciate that you lot do feel like friends and that is why I felt hurt and resorted to sarcasm.

Don't look now but another forum member has PM'd me to say that he has had a mail come through with attachments for other people

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    Please don't turn CUK into the PCG forums by leaving your sense of humour behind when you log in. That is all...
    Hear bluddy Hear....

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    time at the bar lads,

give 'em a break, they've spoken humbly and explained everything,

now get off your backsides and get stuckinto the contractor alliance,

see what it can do for you and everyone else

the concept is excellent, jeeez it's taken a long time to happen, but
    it's not too late

this could turn into a very interesting valuable concept

what are you waiting for ?

Milan.
    I thought it was all a wind up. You think they're serious?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    time at the bar lads,

give 'em a break, they've spoken humbly and explained everything,

now get off your backsides and get stuckinto the contractor alliance,

see what it can do for you and everyone else

the concept is excellent, jeeez it's taken a long time to happen, but
    it's not too late

this could turn into a very interesting valuable concept

what are you waiting for ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Please don't turn CUK into the PCG forums by leaving your sense of humour behind when you log in. That is all...

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    But had anyone posted this on the forum rather than contact us personally to highlight mistakes then I would still consider this to be unprofessional.
    Was goof unprofessional (and discourteous) posting about it on the open forum? Sure was, but He/she is not on here in any "professional" capacity.

You on the other hand are meant to be as a rep of the organisation in question and any organisation is judged by it's representatives and how they present themselves in their professional capacity, no matter the medium.

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Plagiarism

So was I being sarcastic, flippant or did I grovel appropriately?

I will admit to being slightly sarcastic, reasonably I felt. I thought that posting a simple mistake like this on the forum was very unprofessional and reacted accordingly
    Unprofessional? What does that mean in this context? Isn't it reminiscent of agent-speak for not doing as they would like?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Please accept my deepest and most heart felt apologies if my original apology was not suitably apologetic. The mistake was ours (well, mine specifically) and I accept full responsibility for sending out information that did not in any way endager the privacy of our users and for that I apologise once again.
    Sat three hail marys while wearing sackcloth and you are forgiven.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    Let's not do a straightforward apology with admission of error here, shall we?
    I did apologise. I did admit error.

As IT people I would expect sarcasm to be received as it is dished out by most on this forum and most people I meet in "real" life.

Please accept my deepest and most heart felt apologies if my original apology was not suitably apologetic. The mistake was ours (well, mine specifically) and I accept full responsibility for sending out information that did not in any way endager the privacy of our users and for that I apologise once again.

Had the information that was mistakenly attached in the emails breached privacy or been sensitive in any way then please rest assured that I would not have been flippant or sarcastic in any way. But had anyone posted this on the forum rather than contact us personally to highlight mistakes then I would still consider this to be unprofessional.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Bravo !

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Come on Threaded, credit where credit's due!
    (www.farhillsmasons.org)

Churchill - In "Pagiarism, research, what's the difference" mode!
    Plagiarism

So was I being sarcastic, flippant or did I grovel appropriately?

I will admit to being slightly sarcastic, reasonably I felt. I thought that posting a simple mistake like this on the forum was very unprofessional and reacted accordingly and I think most of you will have understood this. Surely the best thing to do in situations like this is to inform the sender of the email and not post it on a forum for them to find out that way? Had the person emailed us direct then they would have had a very pleasant reply, maybe even a free sign up to the site.

Nearly finished ironing the bugs out of the mailing script so those of you who have paid will get a new invoice (forgot company number on invoices) and those of you who have signed up but not paid will get a reminder (without attachments of other people's reminders this time!) and an apology as I stated before.

No publicity is bad publicity though as it gives me the opportunity to say that we have slightly changed the site so that on initial registration you will now be able to access the forum and networking areas of Contractor Alliance but not access the discounted products so if you are looking for subbies to help with projects you want to bid on, want to see what employers in your area take on contracts or list your employer locations and skills hired to try and earn some referral fees for introducing contractors then please feel free to sign up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X