• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Alliance SPAM !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator
    But had anyone posted this on the forum rather than contact us personally to highlight mistakes then I would still consider this to be unprofessional.
    Was goof unprofessional (and discourteous) posting about it on the open forum? Sure was, but He/she is not on here in any "professional" capacity.

You on the other hand are meant to be as a rep of the organisation in question and any organisation is judged by it's representatives and how they present themselves in their professional capacity, no matter the medium.

Comment

Please don't turn CUK into the PCG forums by leaving your sense of humour behind when you log in. That is all...
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

time at the bar lads,

give 'em a break, they've spoken humbly and explained everything,

now get off your backsides and get stuckinto the contractor alliance,

see what it can do for you and everyone else

the concept is excellent, jeeez it's taken a long time to happen, but
        it's not too late

this could turn into a very interesting valuable concept

what are you waiting for ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          time at the bar lads,

give 'em a break, they've spoken humbly and explained everything,

now get off your backsides and get stuckinto the contractor alliance,

see what it can do for you and everyone else

the concept is excellent, jeeez it's taken a long time to happen, but
          it's not too late

this could turn into a very interesting valuable concept

what are you waiting for ?

Milan.
          I thought it was all a wind up. You think they're serious?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
            Please don't turn CUK into the PCG forums by leaving your sense of humour behind when you log in. That is all...
            Hear bluddy Hear....
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks Milan, we all thought it was a wicked idea, hence the time and effort to get it up and running.

In hindsight yes I should have been more professional - being sarcastic is not big or clever. Lowest form of wit and all that.

I guess my only excuse is that posting on here I see you all as friends so was disappointed when a long-term poster publically highlighted a minor cock up rather than let us know about it. Was like being slapped by an old mate

We do pride ourselves in not being as stuffy as the PCG and not the gutter level of CC Net but yes, should understand that you are a bunch of suspicious devils and will wonder what CA is all about and possibly even view it as SPAM. Anything like this is bound to be viewed with a certain amount of scorn to start with but all we are trying to do is help fellow contractors as we do with this site and forum and public humiliation did not seem to be repaying that kindness.

You are right Euro-commuter, the comment about my stance on what is professional being rather pimp like is fair enough (and that one hurt more than the initial public humiliation) but hope you will appreciate that you lot do feel like friends and that is why I felt hurt and resorted to sarcasm.

Don't look now but another forum member has PM'd me to say that he has had a mail come through with attachments for other people

Comment

Originally posted by administrator
                Thanks Milan, we all thought it was a wicked idea, hence the time and effort to get it up and running.

In hindsight yes I should have been more professional - being sarcastic is not big or clever. Lowest form of wit and all that.

I guess my only excuse is that posting on here I see you all as friends so was disappointed when a long-term poster publically highlighted a minor cock up rather than let us know about it. Was like being slapped by an old mate

We do pride ourselves in not being as stuffy as the PCG and not the gutter level of CC Net but yes, should understand that you are a bunch of suspicious devils and will wonder what CA is all about and possibly even view it as SPAM. Anything like this is bound to be viewed with a certain amount of scorn to start with but all we are trying to do is help fellow contractors as we do with this site and forum and public humiliation did not seem to be repaying that kindness.

You are right Euro-commuter, the comment about my stance on what is professional being rather pimp like is fair enough (and that one hurt more than the initial public humiliation) but hope you will appreciate that you lot do feel like friends and that is why I felt hurt and resorted to sarcasm.

Don't look now but another forum member has PM'd me to say that he has had a mail come through with attachments for other people
                What are you apologising for. Jeez. It was an honest mistake that didnt hurt anyone. You should be ashamed of yourself, stand up
                are you a man or a mouse ?
                or possibly a woman or a mouse ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

'Recon they should apologise for apologising?

Comment

I tell you one thing,

if the Contractor Alliance takes off, as a market place

it will add a massive amount to the retail value of James' venture !

good luck I say,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                      I tell you one thing,

if the Contractor Alliance takes off, as a market place

it will add a massive amount to the retail value of James' venture !

good luck I say,

Milan.
                      Good luck I say too!

Comment

Working...
                      X