• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the experts: Miele or Siemens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oven microwave combination my friend - it goes like this, you have the oven and next to it the oven microwave combination - you don't have one of those, - oh dear

yes that's what I am talking about the one where you put the water in the bottom

re: having a fitted coffee machine, obviously I am not yet a 'proper' contractor

to my previous question, what about the whirlpool stuff from ikea ? :-)

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      oven microwave combination my friend - it goes like this, you have the oven and next to it the oven microwave combination - you don't have one of those, - oh dear

yes that's what I am talking about the one where you put the water in the bottom

re: having a fitted coffee machine, obviously I am not yet a 'proper' contractor

to my previous question, what about the whirlpool stuff from ikea ? :-)

Milan.
      Microwaves (of any description) are for chavs to defrost pizzas and heat up left overs Beansy. I see no use for them.

As for Whirlpool. Never had anything with that badge so do not know.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

with a microwave, you make an excellent treacle pudding !

you learn something every day

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          To all the home fixers.

My rate is more than the engineers (sniggers, engineers he he) so it is not cost effective to do the repairs myself.

Benes: What is wrong with a grand on a coffee machine?

BTW I can do forth.
          Can you multiply?
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
            Can you multiply?
            No I have had my balls knitted!

Do you mean in forth? It is easier to do multiple additions.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I've got a Hotpoint washing machine, separate dryer, dish washer and fridge freezer as it was a big expense to get them all when I moved in 7 years ago, I planned to swap them out with quality brands over time but despite all the tuts and people saying they're crap I've never had a problem with any of them.

It left enough money to splash out on the rest of the kitchen so I bought a gorgeous Smeg electric fan oven and separate gas hob.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

We have a Miele washing machine and a dishwasher.

Solidly built, quiet and simple to use.

Dishwasher cycle is 2 and a half hours which seems a bit long.

Otherwise very happy to have paid the extra.

Comment

...hang on ...why does Miele have to repair it, surely Joe Bloggs down the road can do a better job. My experience with cars is, best to go to an indpendent garage. They usually try harder. The big names rip you off, aad the bigger the name the more they rip you off.

Look I don't want to give the impression I'm giving negative publicity for personal gain, but if you like I'll give you my phone number, and I'll send one of my employees round.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

There’s a guy round our way that does repairs to domestic appliances, everyone calls him the 'twenty five pound' man, nothing to do with his weight he just charges everyone £25 no matter what the problem, he does very well for himself.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      What?

Easier than 4 5 * ?
                      Somewhere back in the dim and distant past I seem to remember having to write my own multiply words for forth.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X