• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's Response to Iran: Discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I don't know why the UK just doesn't apologise immediately. The Iranians basically run Iraq so in effect doesn't matter where the boats were in those waters, the reality on the ground is they're Iranian waters.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Theres only one solution - carpet bomb Belgium with kittens.

At about the same level of seriousness wouldn't it be nice if we could get rid of the 10% of troublemakers in every country in the world. They seek power and the sheep suck up whatever they say.
      All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

pussies

maybe they will sent SAS wimps to deliver the navy pussies (there is at leat one real pussy in the lot)?

Comment

Why doesnt Blair offer himself to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in exchange for the release of the UK commandos ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            Why doesnt Blair offer himself to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in exchange for the release of the UK commandos ?
            Maybe that's where Gordo's headed?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Whiter than White ?

The British Government has published a map showing the coordinates of the incident, well within an Iran/Iraq maritime border.

But there are two colossal problems.

"A) The Iran/Iraq maritime boundary shown on the British government map does not exist. It has been drawn up by the British Government. Only Iraq and Iran can agree their bilateral boundary, and they never have done this in the Gulf, only inside the Shatt because there it is the land border too. This published boundary is a fake with no legal force.

"B) Accepting the British coordinates for the position of both HMS Cornwall and the incident, both were closer to Iranian land than Iraqi land. Go on, print out the map and measure it. Which underlines the point that the British produced border is not a reliable one.

Comment

Clearly the only way this can be resolved is for the Government to increase taxes!

Alfred, I see you have your french made spanish surrender tissues out already

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  Clearly the only way this can be resolved is for the Government to increase taxes!

Alfred, I see you have your french made spanish surrender tissues out already

Mailman
                  Oddly enough the inital pretext given by Blair was that the UK commandos were intercepting ships to check that any goods which were on board had paid their Iraqi or Iranian duty - I kid you not !

If Blair really cared about the UK soldiers welfare he would broker their release by asking the US to hand over the Iranian diplomats the US kidnapped from Iraq - is that too simple a solution ?
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 30 March 2007, 10:37.

Comment

Why doesn't blair just say sorry, get them released and then tell Iran we lied to get them back and go feck themselves? I mean it wouldn't be the first time for this government.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Ridiculous

Not an easy situation but the Iranians are making the Brits look like a total bunch of toss-pots.

The second guy has come on TV and publically apologise and it appears that the Iranians will stop at nothing other than total diplomatic humiliation. The UN resolution was slightly torpedoed by Russia who I suspect are still smarting about the Litvenyenko debarcle.

Oh dear Tone? In the poo here? Bet you wish you had resigned earlier.

I reckon he has probably asked his "mate" , Dubya to give up the Iranians that they have caught in Iraq and I suspect Tone has been given the handoff.

The Yanks AFAIK have not even released any official statement.

Standing shoulder to shoulder? Hmmmmm
                      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                      X