• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon the "Tory Slayer" and his "masterful" Budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GB very cleverly claimed on Breakfast this morning that it's his green taxes being diverted into income tax cuts for Britain's hard working families. Cue cheering from the huddled masses.

The word on the street this morning is that he has pulled off his sleight of hand and GB is now seen as the new Robin Hood, bashing 4x4 drivers in Chelsea and handing the dough straight to the needy.

Funny really, considering many earning less than about £18k are going to be worse off.

Comment

Point 1 - Higher house prices might make the average person "feel" rich but actually they're not unless they own more than just the one they live in. Your home is a liability not an asset - it does not generate income, in fact it costs you money (lots, due to Gecko) hence how can it be considered an asset?

Point 2 - The foundations laid down by the Tories are what Labour inherited and this is what allowed the 10 year stable economic growth.

Comment

"I have heard it said, that in the future we will look back on these times a golden era"

A wasted opportunity more like. Brown has wasted sooooooo much cash, and so much is off the books and is going to cost us for generations. Many of the things he has done over the years would have landed him in serious trouble if he had done them as the CEO of a company. Raiding the pensions being one example. The only difference between Brown and Maxwell is one lying cheating fat b@st@rd fell off his boat and jossed it - we still have to put up with the other.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          "I have heard it said, that in the future we will look back on these times a golden era"

A wasted opportunity more like. Brown has wasted sooooooo much cash, and so much is off the books and is going to cost us for generations. Many of the things he has done over the years would have landed him in serious trouble if he had done them as the CEO of a company. Raiding the pensions being one example. The only difference between Brown and Maxwell is one lying cheating fat b@st@rd fell off his boat and jossed it - we still have to put up with the other.
          Long may he reign. I for one never want to go back to the dark days of the eighties.

Comment

Originally posted by benn0
            Long may he reign. I for one never want to go back to the dark days of the eighties.

I'm with you benn0 - Duran Duran, Culture Club, Human League. What were we thinking?
            Boom boom boom boom
            A-haw haw haw haw
            Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
            Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwaif
              I'm with you benn0 - Duran Duran, Culture Club, Human League. What were we thinking?
              Kappa coats.

Comment

funny thing is

when I were a lad in the eighties I remember people saying of the Tories the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

de ja vu

I'm now hearing the same about NL

the conclusion I have come to is,

it doesn't matter who's in power, us lot just have to muddle through to the best we can

and credit to NL they are making it easy for average joe to muddle through by masterfully keeping the economy stable

under NL have we seen boom and bust ? no

have we seen mass redundancies and picket lines ? no

are people richer ? yes

these are the facts folks

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  funny thing is

when I were a lad in the eighties I remember people saying of the Tories the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

de ja vu

I'm now hearing the same about NL

the conclusion I have come to is,

it doesn't matter who's in power, us lot just have to muddle through to the best we can

and credit to NL they are making it easy for average joe to muddle through by masterfully keeping the economy stable

under NL have we seen boom and bust ? no

have we seen mass redundancies and picket lines ? no

are people richer ? yes

these are the facts folks

Milan.
                  Nice one Milan. A fine example of fly-fishing.
                  Boom boom boom boom
                  A-haw haw haw haw
                  Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                  Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

This budget is rather stupid, middle incomes and the rich won't really notice anything, as pointed out the real losers are those on 17k or less without kids and more so those on <10k without kids. This will create more benefit depndants as the advantage of moving off benefits and into low paid work is diminished. Fiscal dragtastic!

What a moron!
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Gordon is a moron. Gordon is a moron.

Comment

Working...
                      X