• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon the "Tory Slayer" and his "masterful" Budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    This budget is rather stupid, middle incomes and the rich won't really notice anything, as pointed out the real losers are those on 17k or less without kids and more so those on <10k without kids. This will create more benefit depndants as the advantage of moving off benefits and into low paid work is diminished. Fiscal dragtastic!
    It's not as stupid as one might think.

Those low-paid losers you mention - Labour already have their votes. For the most part they are "red rosette on a donkey" voters.

And somebody had to lose, because Gordon had to raise taxes somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      It's not as stupid as one might think.

Those low-paid losers you mention - Labour already have their votes. For the most part they are "red rosette on a donkey" voters.

And somebody had to lose, because Gordon had to raise taxes somehow.
      You're quite right. There are areas of the North where it has always been the case that where you are born decides who you vote for.
      No matter how badly they might get treated by Labour, they could no more vote for anybody else than they could grow wings and fly.
      I imagine that works in reverse with the posh folk, but being a working class oike I wouldn't really know.
      It isn't 100% obviously. My father never had a pot to piss in and has always detested Labour.
      Boom boom boom boom
      A-haw haw haw haw
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Working...
      X