• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I go permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could only get gigs at £350 a day, I think I'd go permie.

Unless it was £350 on my doorstep like, in which case I'd be happy.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      Do you mean "incalls" SA??

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
        P.S jsut remembered. When I was permie 6 yrs ago and worked for another bank I got a 10K bonus and was only on 40K basic. You still think 20% is BS?
        RightStuff, it can happen but it's quite unlikely and most of the time that 20% covers working weekends and late evenings so it's not really a bonus in a strict sense but a cheap compensation. And mostly, as you said, applies to banks.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

No need to insult someone's pay that's not what were here for.
          Before saying this please look at the calculations on the previous page. If you are happy with an 11K net difference p/a from contracting to permie then maybe you should go permie. I'm just assuming you haven't read it.

350 p/d I believe is a good rate for me. We have a 4 bedroom detached house in south London with no mortgage and my wife has stopped working to look after our baby daughter. We are happier then ever. Yes I know get the bucket out.

I leave the office around 5.30 - 6, get in at 9 and no weekends. This gives me a bit more time then others to see my daughter. I've been told by my agent me get easily get me £400-£450 p/d but I would have to work my nuts off. Seeing my daughter everyday is worth alot more then £100 p/d.

£350 p/d might not be enough for you as your expenses might be alot more then mine. However, the wife does want to move to a bigger house. Even so the mortgage will only be 1.5K p/m and for that we will get a 5 bed detached over looking country side with a games room at the back of the 155ft garden. Life is so bad at the moment.

Comment

350 p/d I believe is a good rate for me. We have a 4 bedroom detached house in south London with no mortgage and my wife has stopped working to look after our baby daughter. We are happier then ever. Yes I know get the bucket out.
            You mean your life is not ruled only by money? What kind of contractor are you?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              You mean your life is not ruled only by money? What kind of contractor are you?
              Used to be money, money,money how do you think I paid off the anchor (mortgage). Once you have a child you get this thing called perspective.

Spoke to a multi millionaire at our tennis club a few weeks ago. He had one of the biggest building firms in our area and lives in big house worth a couple of million. He also has many other propertys in the area. I asked him how he got to that position.

He told me he worked 6/7 days a week from 6am - 8pm. He would often get called back from holiday because something had gone wrong. I asked him was it worth it? He didn't answer for a good 10-15 secs. He then said it probably wasn't. He loves playing sport but didn't have the energy after working so hard. He didn't see his kids grow up and now doesn't get on with them. He's also messed up his body from working so hard. He then told he would love to have those years back. I'm not going to make the same mistake.

You don't need a million pound house and flash cars. a 600K house, pension, a Saab 93 Aero, nice holidays, tennis/golf and a 40 hr week is enough for.

Comment

You don't need a million pound house and flash cars. a 600K house, pension, a Saab 93 Aero, nice holidays, tennis/golf and a 40 hr week is enough for.
                If the price trend keeps growing, you'll get a 2-bed flat in Tooting for 600k.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  If the price trend keeps growing, you'll get a 2-bed flat in Tooting for 600k.

Of all the things you could of said you come out with that.

Anyway, seeing as the area I live in is more desirable then tooting I would suggest my house would go up by more. Anyway why would i want to move from Sanderstead to tooting. I'm not a chav.

right that's it for me I'm off home to see my daughter and then once shes asleep I'm off to play tennis and have a few drinks afterwards. Have a good evening all and will carry on with this tomorrow. CIAO CIAO a tutti.

Comment

We are all very impressed....

Comment

Used to be money, money,money how do you think I paid off the anchor (mortgage). Once you have a child you get this thing called perspective.

Spoke to a multi millionaire at our tennis club a few weeks ago. He had one of the biggest building firms in our area and lives in big house worth a couple of million. He also has many other propertys in the area. I asked him how he got to that position.

He told me he worked 6/7 days a week from 6am - 8pm. He would often get called back from holiday because something had gone wrong. I asked him was it worth it? He didn't answer for a good 10-15 secs. He then said it probably wasn't. He loves playing sport but didn't have the energy after working so hard. He didn't see his kids grow up and now doesn't get on with them. He's also messed up his body from working so hard. He then told he would love to have those years back. I'm not going to make the same mistake.

Most sensible post I've read on here in a long time, well done!

Comment

Working...
                      X