• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wrongly Convicted Must Pay for Prison

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. It's a strange concept.

So in future if someone is kidnapped and held in a basement for the next 8 years (e.g. that German girl) then they can be expected to cough up for the privilege of being provided with 'accomodation'.

Comment

Nothing much to add to Swiss Tony's sensible comment. In arriving at compensation you try and arrive at a figure that puts them where they would have been financially without the imprisonment plus extra for the enjoyment of life they have missed. The first part necessarily involves looking at the expenses they did not have.

PS Had I been the judge I would have deducted a sum for all the free gay bum sex. They got off lucky.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X