• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ultimate cuk disgusted of Tunbridge Wells thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100

Back to Bagpuss's point - when those five-year-olds become ten, what should their sex education be like - should we include your list of alternatives? And explain to the class that "For those who have two daddies they do this, but it won't produce a baby, they have to get it from somewhere else?"

That really depends on what you want to teach kids in sex education.

I didn't have it in my day (sex education that is), but I'd wager they tell them about how to prevent babies and std's by wearing condoms. I doubt they actually teach them how to have sex do they?

They should. And if vaginal man/woman sex is being described, then so should wanks, blow jobs and anal sex. Regardless of who is gving what to whom.

And I bet half of the people on this board turned off in disgust half way through this post when I mentioned vaginal, so it doesn't suprise me in the slightest really that yous think up-the-butt is perverse.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      So in your little world practicing a sexual perversion doesn't make you a pervert or abnormal?

Get a grip.

Admit what you said and move on.

You are just hiding behind semantics. Add to the discussion or piss off.

Back to the topic.
      The stories children read or have read to them in their formative years shape their world view in later years.
      They learn about society and relationships as they go. The standard prince wakes up princess leads to a romanticised view of how mummy met daddy etc.
      This can lead them to believe that only hetro relationships are right.

So what happens when John finds his urges are not towards Jane.
      As he has no reference point, in fact usualy has a negative reference point (he is a fookin poof) he ends up going through years of angst and self loathing before finding out he is OK (if he hasn't topped himself first).

Simple examples of same sex relationships writen into stories early in life will provide the positive reference point he needs. He will still suffer the poof/faggot brigade, but his own understanding may give him a better chance.

(Same goes for Jane if she is that way inclined)

Nobody is suggesting sexual references, prince charming doesnt shag snow white, so why should you assume these stories are any different?

It is your own sad little world view that makes you see this as wrong.
      What he said!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        I doubt they actually teach them how to have sex do they?

They should.
        Have you seen the film, The meaning of life? The school in that had a better sex education class.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          So in your little world practicing a sexual perversion doesn't make you a pervert or abnormal?

You are trying to twist my words, it is a perversion, if someone who practices a perversion is a 'pervert' then so be it, you are trying to imply I find homsexuals disgusting. Please do not load your repressed thoughts on me

You are just hiding behind semantics. Add to the discussion or piss off.

Who started this discussion, before you PC brainwashed types jumped on board shouting homophobic from the top of your voices ?

Back to the topic.
          The stories children read or have read to them in their formative years shape their world view in later years.

Exactly, why should we be pretending homosexuality or any other diversion/perversion is prefferable? Let's not forget most children are products of hetrosexual relationships not homosexual ones.

They learn about society and relationships as they go. The standard prince wakes up princess leads to a romanticised view of how mummy met daddy etc.
          This can lead them to believe that only hetro relationships are right.

Oh dear, imagine that, perhaps we should also teach them about bestiality or peodophillia just incase they are that way inclined

So what happens when John finds his urges are not towards Jane.
          As he has no reference point, in fact usualy has a negative reference point (he is a fookin poof) he ends up going through years of angst and self loathing before finding out he is OK (if he hasn't topped himself first).

You really think that in today's society? jesus wept, I'm against the active promotion of gay issues in Primary schools. What is the world coming to when people will defend that?

Simple examples of same sex relationships writen into stories early in life will provide the positive reference point he needs. He will still suffer the poof/faggot brigade, but his own understanding may give him a better chance.

(Same goes for Jane if she is that way inclined)

I think you are swallowing the hype here

Nobody is suggesting sexual references, prince charming doesnt shag snow white, so why should you assume these stories are any different?

It is your own sad little world view that makes you see this as wrong.

I think most people see this as being wrong

see above
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 March 2007, 19:49.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'll bloody sue; explaining where babies come from is hard enough.

And seriously, this is aimed at 4-11 year olds; can a 4-6 year old really figure this out? Seems far too confusing to me, I was still scared of girl germs at that age. Let the pc mob stick to a black Jesus (maybe he was).

Hopefully it would go over their heads to be honest, it seems more appropriate to 10 years plus and its going to put some kids in conflict with their parents before they know what they are arguing for.

As to the homophobes here, some people are left handed, some aren't. No big deal.

Comment

It just seems so very uneccessay for kids that age... they have enough to cope with without confusing messages from adults - who seem to have a point to make rather than really have the kids interests at heart.

Better to concentrate on learning to read, write, spell, basic maths, and encourage any signs of natural talent...

Sex is something that a 4 year old SHOULD be oblivious to, IMHO... let the sex education begin gradually as they mature, not start when they are too young to make any decisions as to what is right or wrong for them. I would also say the same about 'religious education' - I don't think that really has any part in the standard school system. Learning English and Maths to an extent you might end up with a job is a far more urgent requirement than whether 4 year old Jonny should look at his mum and dad as being different from the picture books he saw at school....
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                Sex is something that a 4 year old SHOULD be oblivious to, IMHO... let the sex education begin gradually as they mature, not start when they are too young to make any decisions as to what is right or wrong for them.
                Just to make the point that the original article wasn't talking about sex education. It was talking about having books containing "gay issues". I'm not sure what that means to be honest - whatever it is it's not appropriate IMO. I do believe that having normal books that happen to have the occasional gay couple in them is perfectly appropriate as long as they are not singled out in either a positive or negative way. They should just "be there", as they are in normal life. Not promoting, not being negative.
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Today, 19:12
                  SallyAnne
                  Oi SA, thought you has flounced off?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                    Just to make the point that the original article wasn't talking about sex education. It was talking about having books containing "gay issues". I'm not sure what that means to be honest - whatever it is it's not appropriate IMO. I do believe that having normal books that happen to have the occasional gay couple in them is perfectly appropriate as long as they are not singled out in either a positive or negative way. They should just "be there", as they are in normal life. Not promoting, not being negative.
                    I believe one of the titles is 'The King & King' where a Prince is a suitor to three Princesses but rejects tham all in favour of one of their brothers.
                    I expect Disney will be updating their storylines to suit shortly
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                      That really depends on what you want to teach kids in sex education.

I didn't have it in my day (sex education that is), but I'd wager they tell them about how to prevent babies and std's by wearing condoms. I doubt they actually teach them how to have sex do they?
                      I had sex education at school and yes they do.
                      And if vaginal man/woman sex is being described, then so should wanks, blow jobs and anal sex. Regardless of who is gving what to whom.
                      Don't be daft.

Comment

Working...
                      X