• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a valid point but it's based on the assumption/theory/etc. that CO2 (man made) is causing climate change. If this is in fact not the case then how can we justify this to the 3rd world. Conversely if the theory is true, surely the "rich" nations should get their wallets out and buy some solar panels and wind turbines first.

In any event the money being spent (wasted?) on research could be better used elsewhere.

BTW: I was previously a firm believer in the whole ozone layer, global warming, climate change effort until I had a few conversations with some professors who held the same views as those in the program. But the simple truth holds: don't believe everything you see on TV

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
      You guys are on a hiding to nothing, when it comes down to it. Look at the people that deny climate change that is caused by humans, especially the ones in the USA that deny it.

Do you really want to mix yourselves up with people who believe in intelligent design? People who thought (and still do) that Saddam Hussein plotted 9/11? People who back torture? That's the side of politics that is trying to deny that humans are causing global warming.

Chat to you all tomorrow
      Did we cause the ice age too?

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
        Did we cause the ice age too?
        Why, of course, to the lefty mind...
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

All this extra carbon dioxide is doing wonders for the garden.

Comment

I have just had a terrible thought, something that could bring the British way of life crashing down around us.

Carbon Dioxide is a by product of the fermentation process. Does that we will have to stop beer and wine production thought the world?

Brewing has been going on for thousands of years. Just think of the amount of CO2 produced.

Sod the oil – imagine a world without booze?
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I finally watched this programme on saturday and it confirmed everything I already thought about climate change

1. Its a lot more complicated than CO2 = temperature increase
              2. Man made influences, for all the deluded sense of self importance we have, are actually very small compared with the sun, oceans, atmosphere, volcanoes, clouds.
              3. Climate change has become a massively important political issue. A lot of people have to much too loose if they are found to be wrong so cannot back down (ever)
              4. The climate is always changing, just now we have the ability to measure that change a lot more accurately
              5. Lots of people are jealous of my 4x4 and since they can't afford one they just want to outlaw them
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

=Spacecadet
                5. Lots of people are jealous of my 4x4 and since they can't afford one they just want to outlaw them
                Be like me & have 2 = double the resentment
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

In all the analysis I've heard the sun is assumed to be constant. Is this assumption correct ?

I looked at sunspot activity and it looks like it has been increasing since the beginning of the century.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                    In all the analysis I've heard the sun is assumed to be constant. Is this assumption correct ?

I looked at sunspot activity and it looks like it has been increasing since the beginning of the century.
                    that was given quite a lengthy section in the programme, and what looked liked a sound theory was presented that sun activity is the main driver towards global warming.

Incidently, Mars is getting warmer too. Must be all of those 8 wheel drive rovers on its surface

quick google came up with this:
                    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html
                    Last edited by Spacecadet; 12 March 2007, 10:10.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
                      I finally watched this programme on saturday and it confirmed everything I already thought about climate change

1. Its a lot more complicated than CO2 = temperature increase
                      2. Man made influences, for all the deluded sense of self importance we have, are actually very small compared with the sun, oceans, atmosphere, volcanoes, clouds.
                      3. Climate change has become a massively important political issue. A lot of people have to much too loose if they are found to be wrong so cannot back down (ever)
                      4. The climate is always changing, just now we have the ability to measure that change a lot more accurately
                      I fly to work in my own personal heilcopter so

Comment

Working...
                      X