• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet
    i saw that site before when I was looking for the mars warming articles, had a read through about half of the comments and quickly got tired, they seemed to be as bad as all the other eco warriors. The constant calls to complain to channel 4 were rather OTT IMO
    I agree that the reality is distorted by extremists on both sides of the debate.
    But anyone who watched the program could see how biased it was - including one of the contributors, Carl Wunsch.
    The site is generally good as it has real climate scientists on there - the comments usually come from the nutters.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

well they should be stifling the comments then, as they only detract from whatever good the real scientists are saying.

However comments like this sum up what is wrong with the whole global warming issue:
      There comes a time when the evidence is so overwhelming that "keeping an open mind" just becomes silly. I am not open minded about the Earth being flat, about people having built the perpetuum mobile, or about the concensus view of AGW.
      GW seems to have become the only environmental issue and as the jury should still be out on the human effect of global warming, we are really in danger of ignoring all the other real threats that humans place on the enviroment. The toxic rivers, the urban air pollution (not CO2, the sulphates, Ozone etc...) the over fishing, the destruction of natural habitats.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        the destruction of natural habitats.
        The problem here of course is that while increasing the production of bio fuels this has meant the following problems being either created or made worse
        • Food Production
        • Increase Co2 production because of the reduction in trees (which remove Co2)

Comment

That climate change is man-made is unproven, and yet it is proven that dirty water kills people, bio-fuel production causes food shortages, clearing the rainforests damages bio-diversity, pollution poisons the seas, etc.

Let's concentrate on spending time and money solving the proven issues facing mankind today and tomorrow..

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
            The problem here of course is that while increasing the production of bio fuels this has meant the following problems being either created or made worse
            • Food Production
            • Increase Co2 production because of the reduction in trees (which remove Co2)
            I thought all plants removed Co2?

Comment

i'm with you brother zathras! let's ressurect the dead threads!

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                i'm with you brother zathras! let's ressurect the dead threads!

I'm with you brothers. Lets send down the BB thread!
                Viva La Revolucion, compadres.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Or possibly under artificial light for certain, er, varieties.
                  yeah, you can't beat the taste of a fresh, hydroponically grown tomato. and they smoke just great.

p.s. climate change deniers, deluded, obligatory Hitler comparison, yadda yadda, etc. i really can't be arsed today.
                  Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                  You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Just remember that Arhenius modelled the greenhouse effect (the extent to which the earth with CO2 and H2O was warmer than it would be with only O2/N2) to a fair degree of accuracy in the 19th century. The basic mechanism does not require immense simulation models.

While there does seem to be a lot of vested interest in promoting it which should make us sceptical of some of the claims and some data that does not seem to fit with the idea that it is the MAIN warming mechanism (specifically the profile of temperature with altitude is not right) do not forget that there is a great deal of uninformed and biased bulltulipe on the other side too eg the recent survey of a a lot of people with science degrees but no specific knowledge of the subject that does not prove a thing or the irrelevant and wrong claim that volcanos produce more CO2 emissions than mankind.

I would be interested to know how many of you more dogmatic lot have any knowledge whatever of radiant heat transfer or the other basic physical mechanisms involved. Come on then threaded, what's your qualification?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      ...well a giant mirror put into space has been proposed to reflect the sunlight back, but I sort of wonder whether this may cause a positive feedback loop that might blow the sun up.
                      It wouldn't have to reflect anything, only fan it out so more goes past Earth without hitting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X