• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attn code monkeys - re: FizzBuzz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Just seen it, classic
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan

Quality MF

Comment

I would like to see AtW's solution using XML, XSLT and XPATH.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
          I would like to see AtW's solution using XML, XSLT and XPATH.
          http://tickletux.wordpress.com/2007/.../#comment-3015
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Someone mentioned this FizzBuzz thing the other day at work, and one site I looked at spoke about "golf" and "golfing". In the context it appeared this related to obfuscated and/or compact programming, but I'd never come across the expression.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Why can't it be done in assembly?

threaded.
              Well comment #3 shows quite a lack of knowledge and/or experience. In assembly I can do that without creating a third variable, and many HLLs actually have this embedded in a function, and in a threaded or stack based language I can think of three or four isomorphisms to the xor trick.

That's actually one of the issues I have with interviews. I know the stuff so much better than the interviewer that I have to work out, pretty quickly, their competance level, and give them the answers they expect. You also have to check out their personality types: many interviewers like to show off in front of their boss, so you have to give defference be a little bumbling etc. etc.

So, my conclusion is: what a load of ball5.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Doh! I think I get the joke now. The posts are people writing answers but the answers have subtle and not so subtle bugs in them.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Doh! I think I get the joke now. The posts are people writing answers but the answers have subtle and not so subtle bugs in them.
                  Exactly, and I'm disappointed no-one posted any code in this thread. I saw this discussed on several web sites and in every one of them the first instinct of lots of readers was to post their version of the code, and about half of them were wrong. That would have made for a pretty amusing thread here.

Comment

Working...
                  X