• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dirty Transport Polluters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Transport Polluters

The actual headline is

"Wealthy white men are UK’s biggest transport polluters, study finds"

Weird categorisations of people.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...port-polluters

Wealthy white men from rural areas are the UK’s biggest emitters of climate-heating gases from transport, according to a study.
    Research by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) looked at transport emissions by income, gender, location, ethnicity and age. The study broke down the transport emissions into international and domestic flights, private road transport and public transport.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Wealthy white men are more like to fly.

Great reporting from the Grauniad as ever, but they have to pitch to their audience.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yeh, claim sickness benefits and lay on your couch all day. Way to save the planet.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Yeh, claim sickness benefits and lay on your couch all day. Way to save the planet.
        Supported by taxes extorted from Wealthy White Men. It was ever thus.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
        X