• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hope you don't want any cheap food this weekend...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you don't want any cheap food this weekend...

A couple of glitches...

https://www.theguardian.com/business...echnical-issue

Supermarket chains Sainsbury’s and Tesco have said they are unable to fulfil some online grocery deliveries because of technical issues.

Sainsbury’s said it was unable to fulfil the “vast majority” of its online orders because of a technical glitch. The supermarket chain said an overnight software update had led to the problems affecting some stores, grocery online services and its ability to contact customers.

Tesco is also working to fix a technical issue that has affected a small proportion of its deliveries.

A spokesperson from Tesco said: “We are working to fix a technical issue which has meant we have had to cancel some online orders that were due for delivery today. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.”

A spokesperson from Sainsbury’s said: “Unfortunately, this also means we will not be able to deliver the vast majority of today’s Groceries Online orders and we are currently unable to contact customers directly, but will contact them as soon as we can to rebook orders. Our online ordering system is working as normal and customers can place a new order now for delivery any time from tomorrow. We apologise to customers for the inconvenience and are working hard to fix the issue.”

Sainsbury stores remain open, accepting chip, pin and cash payments. The supermarket chain said on Saturday morning it was “working hard to fix the issue” and apologised to customers whose deliveries were affected.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Good morning SE. To avoid embarassment of threads that nobody replies to I can provide lots of favourable sockie comments for a very reasonable fee.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Good morning SE. To avoid embarassment of threads that nobody replies to I can provide lots of favourable sockie comments for a very reasonable fee.
      If I was that desperate I would create my own sockies.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        If I was that desperate I would create my own sockies.
        it works for aTw!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

it works for aTw!
          They're "" socks hand crafted to look like squirrels.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
          X