• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what is with this freaking weather?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    I'm from a EU country where there actually are seasons, we've got warm long summers and cold long winters. Beautiful springs, even better autumns. Some rain.

I've been in the UK for 15 years and for 11 of these years my nose has been congested. Every time I'm back in my hometown for more than 2 weeks, I start breathing well again.

If it wasn't for my life, my work, my partner, my kid, I'd feck off from here in a second. Even more so now with the uk in the condition it is and with the IT industry on its last leg.

Before moving here I was a good athlete, 7-1 record in my amateur muay thai career. Now I'm here with a fecking stuffed nose, unwilling to leave the house because the weather has been crap for months. How do people survive here without becoming an alcoholic?

How are the indians going to survive?

"only" 20 years to retirement and then I can fecking leave
    You seem to have automatically discovered how to cope with it like a true Brit. You just have a good whinge about it. Makes you feel so much better. *sniffle*

Comment

Working...
    X