• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society Quarterly Regional House Price Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Where in London will you find anything big enough to live in for £350k? I'm outside the M25, down the A24 and £350k gets you a 45sqm "house". Also 35yrs is one hell of a mortgage period
    Apologies as I wasn't very clear. The example of £350,000 was for the loan size rather than the purchase price which would factor in a buyers deposit that they were putting down.

With most mortgages, you can overpay the mortgage by 10% of the balance so can simulate a shorter term by making additional payments. A longer term may be useful for first time buyers for example who are expecting their income to increase over the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post

Apologies as I wasn't very clear. The example of £350,000 was for the loan size rather than the purchase price which would factor in a buyers deposit that they were putting down.

With most mortgages, you can overpay the mortgage by 10% of the balance so can simulate a shorter term by making additional payments. A longer term may be useful for first time buyers for example who are expecting their income to increase over the next few years.
      Still a fail.

Most first time buyers in London and the SE are well over 30.

They don't want a one bed flat but somewhere to bring up their 1-2 children in.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post

Actually I cocked up myself as later on I realised it's £350k + deposit, not just £350k alone

Comment

Working...
        X