• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need to lose money on the stock market asap!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woody1 View Post

Can you do derivatives like options in an ISA?
    Looks like you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Legal Aid is means tested and your child's assets are included. The Junior ISA's holdings would be most of the allowance even though the parents can't touch them.
      This

Comment

Did a few trades today - ended up about even.

Must do better Monday to lose some £££

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Looks like you can't.
          Not to worry. There are plenty of ways to lose money without using derivatives.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
            Just keep buying and selling the same share. Shouldn't take long for commissions + stamp duty to gobble up £600.
            Well, seems HL JISA fees are rather competitive - no commission, and didn’t get charged stamp duty either on a trade (not sure why yet).
            Just bought/sold £3,000 of FEVR - overall i lost £3 …

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post

Well, seems HL JISA fees are rather competitive - no commission, and didn’t get charged stamp duty either on a trade (not sure why yet).
              Just bought/sold £3,000 of FEVR - overall i lost £3 …
              Just trade a penny stock with a big bid-ask spread.

Comment

Working...
              X