• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring your own cinema snacks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring your own cinema snacks

Is allowed in Spain

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eir-own-snacks

Spanish cinema chain fined for banning customers who bring their own snacks Consumer rights group took action against Yelmo, which runs a nationwide cinema chain

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

we always do this 500ml bottles of coke, popcorn & large bag of sweets = £2 per person. Cinema prices = £10 per person.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I do sweets and a drink.

Can't be bothered with popcorn in a cinema even though I eat it while watching films at home.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I do sweets and a drink.

Can't be bothered with popcorn in a cinema even though I eat it while watching films at home.
        you are missing out, its part of the experience! Though not every time.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

you are missing out, its part of the experience! Though not every time.
          Does your wife still fall for the todger in the popcorn routine?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Being surrounded by other punters making loud noises eating popcorn and sweets etc is one of the things that most spoils the cinema experience for me.

The economics of cinemas means they make all their profit from food and drink. Depending on the film, cinemas fork out up to 60-70% of the ticket price to distributors.

Popcorn is also one of the world's most profitable products. It's amazing that people will pay £5 for a few corn kernels with air in a carboard box.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Does your wife still fall for the todger in the popcorn routine?
              only if I get an extra large portion otherwise it pops out the top.

Comment

Working...
              X