• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banned

XL Bully dogs!

https://news.sky.com/story/xl-bully-...-year-12996952

Ministers said £200 in compensation would be offered to owners who decide to have their pets put to sleep by a vet. It comes following a spate of recent attacks and deaths involving the breed.

XL bully dogs will be added to the list of animals banned under the Dangerous Dog Act from the end of this year, the government has announced.
    It comes after a spate of recent attacks and deaths involving the American XL bully breed.

In September, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak declared the breed a "danger to communities" after a man died in a "suspected" attack by two of the dogs in Stonnall, Staffordshire.

Changes in the law will be phased in over several months. From 31 December 2023 breeding, selling, advertising, rehoming, abandoning and allowing an XL bully dog to stray will be illegal in England and Wales, the government said.

Also from 31 December 2023, XL bully dogs must be muzzled and on a lead in public.

From 1 February 2024 it will then become illegal to own an XL bully dog - unless its owner applies for their animal to be registered on the Index of Exempted Dogs, and complies with a strict set of rules, by the end of January.

The rules include a requirement to keep their pets muzzled, neutered, microchipped and kept on a lead at all times in public.

Owners face having their dog seized - and an unlimited fine - if they fail to comply.

'Quick and decisive action'

Environment Secretary Therese Coffey said the government was taking "quick and decisive action to protect the public from tragic dog attacks".

She added: "We will continue to work closely with the police, canine and veterinary experts, and animal welfare groups, as we take forward these important measures."
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Damn, I was hoping this was a thread about Vetran.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Damn, I was hoping this was a thread about Vetran.
      Jealousy is a terrible thing! I can't help being so handsome

Close to the wind but not into it, that photo of you with the Mods saves me all the time, I call it the Lord Percy portrait!

Now we know who we could have got to perform such low deeds!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X