• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Slow Can You Go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David71 View Post
    ...thinking about it....maybe I'm just a tulip driver?
    It's become self aware

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

So half the weight of a bus.

Have you ever cursed the hazards that are too stupid to recognise physics trumps a sense of entitlement? Most sensible people have.
      you mean cyclists and pedestrians?

No. But I treat them as unpredictable hazards and assume they will do the dumbest things.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Will taxi fares go up to cover increased journey time.
        Will they need more NHS transport, school buses, community transport etc (these won't be in the extra 2 mins window) or will people at the first pickup have to get up at midnight?
        Yes taxi fares will go up, already heard drivers bragging that 20mph is good for business.

Public transport and emergency services will be slowed down so fewer services and longer journey times, all for your benefit

Comment

Most metered taxi fares are based on a combination of time and distance, so I can definitely see them going up.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Yes taxi fares will go up, already heard drivers bragging that 20mph is good for business.

Public transport and emergency services will be slowed down so fewer services and longer journey times, all for your benefit
            A bit disingenuous to say emergency services will be slowed down. They can overtake and exceed the speed limit when on blues.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

A bit disingenuous to say emergency services will be slowed down. They can overtake and exceed the speed limit when on blues.
              Yes, but normal NHS transport will be affected and a lot use taxis to areas not on a established route. I know this unfortunately.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	z-funny-22.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	4274232
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

However when traffic is bunched up even on blues & twos they have to slow to a crawl.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	z-funny-22.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	4274232
                    Jaywalking doesn't exist in the UK it is a US thing.

Basically if you aren't travelling by a mode of transport that needs a license you have priority over those that do on the roads.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

However when traffic is bunched up even on blues & twos they have to slow to a crawl.
                      And?

It happens where ladymuck lives. It is mainly caused by congestion which is caused by things like accidents and road works not a 20mph speed limit.

I live on part of a road that has had a 20mph speed limit since I've lived on the road - it doesn't stop emergency vehicles using it and going faster.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X