• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear what a pity, Karma is a bitch.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

That sounds more like a Footballer. Kudos to the Judge for letting the police deal with it and not let it turn into a trail by media.

The Article you link does prove that many women do in fact go the police to report sexual assaults against famous people like Footballers. But none of the 1000+ women that Brand had sex with ever made a police report against him???
    What makes you think footballer?

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post

Would he not need to be able to prove it's lies though? It's really just one word against another at this point.
    Broadly speaking.

US = Defamed has to prove intentional lie.

UK = Defamer has to prove truthfulness.

On the balance of probabilities. Then you get bunch of public interest issues, are they famous? What is the subject matter? Rape is very different to someone having an affair.

These aren't the Daily Mail/Sun. These are the serious investigative journalists at credible news agencies and I highly doubt they ****ed up.
    Last edited by JustKeepSwimming; 22 September 2023, 12:36.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Broadly speaking.

US = Defamed has to prove intentional lie.

UK = Defamer has to prove truthfulness.

On the balance of probabilities. Then you get bunch of public interest issues, are they famous? What is the subject matter? Rape is very different to someone having an affair.

These aren't the Daily Mail/Sun. These are the serious investigative journalists at credible news agencies and I highly doubt they ****ed up.
      And to add to that Brand is very litigious.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It comes to something when Katie Price is not impressed with your bad sexual behaviour.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...comes-end.html

Price revealed she and the comedian spent time together in the Noughties when she was with Peter Andre and Brand was with a girlfriend.

She recalled: 'We were stuck in LAX airport with him once. He had his girlfriend with him and I was with Pete. He was trying to pull my stylist when his girlfriend was out there standing with her, so to me that says a lot.

'The truth always comes out in the end.'
        Damn that is a black kettle.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          It comes to something when Katie Price is not impressed with your bad sexual behaviour.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...comes-end.html

Damn that is a black kettle.
          Maybe not.

Not heard she tried to chat up other blokes right in front her current bloke.

Comment

Have to be honest. Have a soft sport for Price, she still manages to hassle her way into the papers and make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post
              Have to be honest. Have a soft sport for Price, she still manages to hassle her way into the papers and make a living.
              Mine wasn't back in her FHM days and I was a lot younger
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Maybe not.

Not heard she tried to chat up other blokes right in front her current bloke.
                Carl Woods suggested she was playing away.

Comment

Carl Woods suggested she was playing away.
                  Did he say she chatted up other blokes right in front of him?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Did he say she chatted up other blokes right in front of him?
                    Yep because opening her legs is the same as opening her mouth!

Anyone who met Brand would know he was that kind of slimeball she went on holiday with him.

Comment

Yep because opening her legs is the same as opening her mouth!
                      Depends what she is doing with her mouth.

(Sorry couldn't help it.)

Comment

Working...
                      X