• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Day, Another Dog Attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    All dogs should be chipped and registered.
    Ban on all dangerous breeds
    You can breed an aggressive dog of any breed.

In my local area someone has bred an aggressive sky terrier that attacks other dogs and their owners.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    All dogs should be chipped and registered.
    No dog walking with more than two dogs.
    Dog walkers would go out of business.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

My dog has plenty of mussels. Muzzles are required for certain breeds already. That said I passed a dog recently with a muzzle and it couldn't pant in 30 degree heat...
      Anti-masker mind virus is affecting dogs now?

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post

In my experience, the small ones are the worst for being nasty and bitey. (Albeit they probably can't maul you to death, or reach your nuts.)
        Agree, I think it's because owners treat smaller dogs like cute spoilt little princesses. Whereas bigger dogs get boundaries set, like not allowed on the sofa.

Comment

Bully XLs are to be banned by the end of the year (whoo hoo - nice to see rapid reactions.) I wonder if they noticed there are reportedly about 10,000 of the damn things in the country?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Bully XLs are to be banned by the end of the year (whoo hoo - nice to see rapid reactions.) I wonder if they noticed there are reportedly about 10,000 of the damn things in the country?
            This has been an issue for many months, maybe even last year it was raised. This is not a rapid reaction, this is a knee jerk reaction of someone caught sleeping on the job.

Comment

How are they going to prove a dog is a Bully XL?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

How are they going to prove a dog is a Bully XL?
                DNA testing?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

This has been an issue for many months, maybe even last year it was raised. This is not a rapid reaction, this is a knee jerk reaction of someone caught sleeping on the job.
                  My point was that the actions is long overdue and will now be unnecessarily delayed by the need for specific legislative changes. It's called irony...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Finally...put them down, all of them and anything related. Zero sympathy for owners, you only buy an animal like this for street cred or to make a quick quid.

The newstatesman has a very good article on this:

https://www.newstatesman.com/busines...nster-internet

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

DNA testing?
                      Apparently, according to the geneticist I heard earlier, as they are a mongrel there is no way of defining one by DNA.

Comment

Working...
                      X