• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scan Computers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scan Computers

Ok so I have brought PC components over the years from scan & all has been shiny.

looking at getting a laptop and their 3XS range is looking reasonable for the money, anyone ever had one of their own brand laptops and if so, how do you rate it?

TIA
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Not laptops, but I always get my workstations built by scan. Would highly recommend, they are excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Not laptops, but I always get my workstations built by scan. Would highly recommend, they are excellent.
      Problem with laptops is that the actual number of manufacturers willing to let a third party rebrand a laptop is minimal (think about it the screen + motherboard has to match the case) so while they aren't bad they aren't great hence I've always said for laptops go direct to the big boys.

Lenovo have decent machines amongst the dross they list on their website but my go to starting point has and will always be Dell outlet and ideally the higher (7000 series) latitude line unless you can cope with Apple.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Amazon do returned - refurb laptops with full warranty in their warehouse lines. Or if you don't need the latest you can get ones ex corporate so 3 years old with a reasonable spec.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Problem with laptops is that the actual number of manufacturers willing to let a third party rebrand a laptop is minimal (think about it the screen + motherboard has to match the case) so while they aren't bad they aren't great hence I've always said for laptops go direct to the big boys.

Lenovo have decent machines amongst the dross they list on their website but my go to starting point has and will always be Dell outlet and ideally the higher (7000 series) latitude line unless you can cope with Apple.
          Right, I personally get my laptops direct from Dell too. Scan is an excellent company, but there’s much less scope for customisation with laptops than workstations.

Comment

Thanks all, I think i am going to get an MSI one

Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
            X