• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Lost a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Lost a contract

Oh well. It was a 3 month contract that has lasted for 4 yrs and 3 months.
    Part time. Outside IR35. Paid for a house.

Worth a banana for every £10k billed

See You Next Tuesday

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Oh well. It was a 3 month contract that has lasted for 4 yrs and 3 months.
    Part time. Outside IR35. Paid for a house.

Worth a banana for every £10k billed

As one door closes, another is waiting to slam you in the face.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Hope your next 3 monther is just as disappointing
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

As you billed over £400k and paid for a house, I'm not sending too many condolences LOL...

Just as getting canned early is an occupational hazard, getting unexpected extensions is a bonus and one can only make the most of it. I had one client who I knew very well from my perm days ask me to come back 10 years later for a 2-3 month contract which ended up being 18 months over a two and a half year period. My current contract has just one day left but I've managed to eek out a six week piece of work into six months.

Now the hard work starts to look for a new one!

Comment

Working...
          X