• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seems the Saudi's are behaving as badly as always!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems the Saudi's are behaving as badly as always!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rt-claims.html

'Thousands' of migrants have been 'shot to pieces' and killed by Saudi border guards this year as they tried to enter the kingdom, report claims
    • Many of the migrants reportedly had their legs severed and their fingers shot off
    • Migrants, many of them travelling from Ethiopia, were attacked at close range
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Are we expecting a visitor?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I read the same story in The Guardian. (Wonder which press agency they both got it from.)

Guess regardless of how nasty the British Government is, there are other governments who are even worse.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Are we expecting a visitor?
        Yep

https://news.sky.com/video/controver...it-uk-12942029

though this is worse than even I expected. They are just opening fire on Asylum seekers direct from Ethiopia.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I read the same story in The Guardian. (Wonder which press agency they both got it from.)

Guess regardless of how nasty the British Government is, there are other governments who are even worse.
          British government Nasty??? just take a look at the competition.

Incompetent, arrogant or pitifully stupid yes.

Nasty? no they are a long way behind most of Asia & Africa they even make the Belgians look nice.

Comment

This reminds of the a game i used to play on the Spectrum 40 years ago.

ZZOOM by Imagine Software.

You were tasked with saving the refugees from the bombers but it was also fun to shoot them to pieces

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Yep

https://news.sky.com/video/controver...it-uk-12942029

though this is worse than even I expected. They are just opening fire on Asylum seekers direct from Ethiopia.
              I may sound cold-hearted here but...
              Having listened to the accusations by the rather pleasant looking and sounding Nadia Hardman(who I wouldn't trust with my rabbit - if I had one) I believe that every country has the right to defend its borders from invasion. If there is documented evidence of rape/torture/murder then it needs to be taken to the UN - causing havoc in the UK during a state visit isn't going to help anyone.

Just my opinion.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I may sound cold-hearted here but...
                Having listened to the accusations by the rather pleasant looking and sounding Nadia Hardman(who I wouldn't trust with my rabbit - if I had one) I believe that every country has the right to defend its borders from invasion. If there is documented evidence of rape/torture/murder then it needs to be taken to the UN - causing havoc in the UK during a state visit isn't going to help anyone.

Just my opinion.
                I think most people won't be surprised if the Saudi's did it, it has apparently already been raised with the UN.

Applying pressure to visiting dignitaries is ok for Trump but not for people we sell piles of weapons to?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I think most people won't be surprised if the Saudi's did it, it has apparently already been raised with the UN.

Applying pressure to visiting dignitaries is ok for Trump but not for people we sell piles of weapons to?
                  I would suggest that more notice will be taken of the PM raising issues with the Saudi delegation than the great unwashed protesting/rioting on UK streets.

With regards to not being surprised if the Saudi's "did it", it doesn't matter if they "did it" or not, someone is throwing mud and some of it has stuck. In the absence of evidence I'll sit on the fence and let things ferminate.
                  YMMV
                  Last edited by Zigenare; 22 August 2023, 08:45.

Comment

I would suggest that more notice will be taken of the PM raising issues with the Saudi delegation than the great unwashed protesting/rioting on UK streets.

With regards to not being surprised if the Saudi's "did it", it doesn't matter if they "did it" or not, someone is throwing mud and some of it has stuck. In the absence of evidence I'll sit on the fence and let things ferminate.
                    YMMV
                    People protesting in the street may raise the issue's profile.

Comment

Working...
                    X