• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh a nice pinta of 'Human Milk'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh a nice pinta of 'Human Milk'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ve-vagina.html

Don't you dare say 'women'! How woke bug infecting the NHS is erasing basic biological phrases in favour of gender-inclusive terms like 'patients of child-bearing potential' (and you don't want to know the alternative to vagina...)
    • Woman, breast feeding and vagina used to be standard terms used by medics
    • But they are just some of words that have been replaced by woke NHS trusts

and to save you visiting when you get all romantic ask her (sorry a person of childbearing potential) if you can frequent their "Bonus hole"

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

The 'person of childbearing potential' was reported as terminology used by the Cromwell Bupa hospital in Kensington. I think it was in yesterday's Torygraph.

Having seen the form, I can understand its context. It's a section that only needs to be filled in if you are of childbearing potential - i.e. still have a womb and haven't gone through the menopause. It's not saying that is the definition of a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The 'person of childbearing potential' was reported as terminology used by the Cromwell Bupa hospital in Kensington. I think it was in yesterday's Torygraph.

Having seen the form, I can understand its context. It's a section that only needs to be filled in if you are of childbearing potential - i.e. still have a womb and haven't gone through the menopause. It's not saying that is the definition of a woman.
      I was possibly a little sarcastic sorry.

It surely discriminates against those poor sods who have had a medical hysterectomy. The reality is the world is tough and people need support not pandering.

Where is Tom Robinson with "sing if you are glad to be trans?".

Though Lou Reed was a fan:

If they really want to improve things then maybe the NHS should look at how they deal with miscarriages, listening on LBC to the accounts of near mothers unceremoniously presented with the remains of a much wanted baby in a bag was eye opening.

https://www.nct.org.uk/pregnancy/mis...aving%20a%20mi scarriage%3F,and%200.5%25%20at%2016%20weeks%20.

Surely a much bigger problem?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...20of%20the%20p opulation,was%20in%20Wales%20(0.40%25).

Comment

I got what you meant, no need to apologise.

The terminology is indeed insensitive to women who have had womb removal for medical purposes. I was responding more from the point of view that the people complaining about removing the word woman or female and replacing it with 'patient of childbearing potential' were actually wrong on this occasion.

Comment

I got what you meant, no need to apologise.

The terminology is indeed insensitive to women who have had womb removal for medical purposes.
          Not necessarily. Some women have periods from hell and are happy to have a hysterectomy.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Not necessarily. Some women have periods from hell and are happy to have a hysterectomy.

Fair point. Can't put everyone in the same bucket

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I think most women with periods from hell or fibroids etc would prefer they never had them in the first place, the hysterectomy is the only way out sometimes. Must still be a wrench.

I was sterilised once we had kids because the risk to my wife of contraception was becoming unacceptable, I still feel weird about shooting blanks, imagine what women feel like!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I think most women with periods from hell or fibroids etc would prefer they never had them in the first place, the hysterectomy is the only way out sometimes. Must still be a wrench.

I was sterilised once we had kids because the risk to my wife of contraception was becoming unacceptable, I still feel weird about shooting blanks, imagine what women feel like!
                Not quite equivalent. When a woman has a hysterectomy, depending on what exactly gets removed, they can go through an immediate early menopause with all the joy that can bring if your symptoms are severe. Rather than firing blanks, they can end up firing nothing.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hysterectomy/

Comment

Having seen the form, I can understand its context. It's a section that only needs to be filled in if you are of childbearing potential - i.e. still have a womb and haven't gone through the menopause
                  And have been through menarche. Just for completion.

I had the snip 25 years ago because although we'd have loved more children, it was an unacceptable toll on my wife's health - she got severe sickness everytime. But I can't say I've ever worried about being sterile. I was tempted to get the t-shirt from the clinic with the slogan "IFOB".

We now have 3 more children. Grandchildren. With the added bonus of being able to spoil 'em rotten.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I was sterilised once we had kids because the risk to my wife of contraception was becoming unacceptable
                    You see, you make comments like that and I begin to think you're a decent human being.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X