• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noisy Cocks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy Cocks

Unlike those who killed the peacocks she got caught and had a fool for a lawyer.

Peacock story - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...yport-cumbria/

https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/16/woman...co=mosaic_home

A trucker who throttled a noisy cockerel in a ‘fit of rage’ at being constantly woken up by its ‘incessant’ 3am crowing has been landed with a £1,296 vet’s bill.

Caroline Smith, 52, said she was ‘at her wits end’ when she stormed out of her houseboat in Lancashire and seized her neighbour’s pet Eddie by the neck and threw him to the floor.

The long-distance lorry driver, who claimed that six months of sleepless nights almost cost her job, was seen standing over the bird saying: ‘I’m sick of it – but I’ve sorted it.’

It emerged she had previously complained to Eddie’s owner about the crowing on a stretch of the Leeds and Liverpool canal in Adlington, near Chorley, but attempts to rehome the bird had failed.

Eddie was rushed to a vet’s surgery where a report showed he had suffered a ‘traumatic brain injury’ as a result of an extended period of asphyxiation.

Miraculously he recovered within a week and was back crowing again later.

When interviewed by RSPCA officers Smith said: ‘My husband did say if that bird did not stop crowing, he would take matters into his own hands. I have suffered six months of sleeplessness because of this.’

Anne McDonald, prosecuting for the RSPCA, confirmed Eddie was owned by Justine Carroll, a neighbour of the defendant.

Mrs McDonald said: ‘On the morning of September 9, Sarah Talbot, a fellow canal boat neighbour and friend of Justine, was woken up early by the sound of an argument outside her boat.

‘She saw the defendant talking to a man who also looked after the bird, and the defendant was shouting at him about the bird crowing.

‘The defendant was visibly angry and finished the argument by saying that she would “sort out the bird herself”.

‘The next morning, Ms Talbot discovered Eddie lying motionless on the floor, with the defendant standing near it.

‘The defendant said that she had dealt with the matter and that she was sick of it. She noticed that Eddie was unsteady when he got up.’

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Silly. She should have got a knife and slit its throat. Then eaten the evidence.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Young male chicken is a cockerel, but older (18 months+ I think) is a cock.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        but older (18 months+ I think) is a cock.
        And also over 50 and living in Switzerland
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Young male chicken is a cockerel, but older (18 months+ I think) is a cock.

HTH
          I was also talking about peacocks as well. (Yeah I know they are all fowl.)
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X