• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In contrast to Mr Tate this lady has some great observations.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

which confirms my point the court has to order it.
    While the DWP, which the CMS is part of, likes to act like a Court it isn't one.

​​​​​​(CSA stopped taking on cases in 2012)

as above the gentlemen in the article requested a DNA test nine times. The mother refused repeatedly and the CMS took that as admission of guilt eventually. They still wanted his 'arrears' and didn't prosecute the mother. Is that justice or even reasonable? I suspect your prejudice is colouring your judgement.
    CMS is not a Court so they can't prosecute anyone

Instead the DWP likes to make people's lives hell on earth so they are the ones who are taken to Court.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

While the DWP, which the CMS is part of, likes to act like a Court it isn't one.

​​​​​​(CSA stopped taking on cases in 2012)

CMS is not a Court so they can't prosecute anyone

Instead the DWP likes to make people's lives hell on earth so they are the ones who are taken to Court.
      OK so we are now agreed that a father cannot simply take a test and that the only organisation that can order a test is the CMS, the mother can still refuse. I see that as progress.

Yes the CSA was so bad it was renamed.

The police cannot 'prosecute in court' they can recommend to the CPS someone should prosecuted however it is common to say that the Police prosecute. The same is so of the CMS who recommend to the CPS.

either way you end up in court and can end up in prison.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/mersey-cheshi...nance-payments

So how do you feel about mothers committing blatant fraud?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

OK so we are now agreed that a father cannot simply take a test and that the only organisation that can order a test is the CMS, the mother can still refuse. I see that as progress.

Yes the CSA was so bad it was renamed.

The police cannot 'prosecute in court' they can recommend to the CPS someone should prosecuted however it is common to say that the Police prosecute. The same is so of the CMS who recommend to the CPS.

either way you end up in court and can end up in prison.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/mersey-cheshi...nance-payments
        The DWP and the CPS have clearly decided such cases until now are not in the public interest.

The main reason probably that any cases that involve a high sum of monthly maintenance are the jurisdiction of the Family Courts.

So how do you feel about mothers committing blatant fraud?
        Don't have any feelings either way. Why? There are cases where it is clear the child isn't the claimed father's but for various reasons no-one makes a fuss.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The DWP and the CPS have clearly decided such cases until now are not in the public interest.

The main reason probably that any cases that involve a high sum of monthly maintenance are the jurisdiction of the Family Courts.

Don't have any feelings either way. Why? There are cases where it is clear the child isn't the claimed father's but for various reasons no-one makes a fuss.
          Why don't you? I support fixing many issues that only apply to females. Why can't I support issues that only apply to males? This was the whole point of the thread that a feminist actually listened to the MRA and realised they had a point, so far you have countered with inaccuracies & indifference which is what is the standard reaction of feminists.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X