• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official way to fix broken British political system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Part of the mess we are in is because a lot of civil servants, SPADs, MPs etc come from the same sector of society.
    why?

Comment

I'd want random drug testing for all MP's and weekly ones for cabinet ministers.

For the civil service I'd make it like jury service. People are randomly selected to work there for 2 years. However if you can automate your job or any other jobs within the organisation, you can leave early and get paid a bonus equivalent to a years salary for every job you've automated.
      Last edited by krytonsheep; 8 June 2023, 18:30.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        1. Scrap FPTP, a form of PR is needed
        This is the big one:

This video explains it beautifully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

why?

You are not a small child ask a more informed question.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You are not a small child ask a more informed question.
            if you just said something but dont know why you think its true just say so.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

if you just said something but dont know why you think its true just say so.
              There are studies showing that companies that are more diverse and inclusive perform better e.g. more productivity, higher profits,more creative solutions. So it can be expected that for organisations the same is likely to be true.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

7) Don't let Russian dissidents influence our political system.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I would raise MPs salaries but ban then from sitting on the boards of companies and from taking advisory positions whilst in the commons and for several years afterwards.

Comment

Not sure on the salaries thing. It is not a huge salary BUT the expenses available are exceedingly generous. Presumably there are other perks too.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Scrap HoL or replace by something more democratic

Comment

Working...
                      X